DISCUSSION FORUM (3,849)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Repowering 1973 Sport Fisherman?

I’M NOT A MECHANIC – I have a 1973, 36’ Sport Fisherman. I love this boat, it is in excellent unrestored condition, and I’ve made headway o…

Started by Ron Gobbell

1 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by Brian Barton

Help needed identifying and understanding use of these two items.

Under the helm station I am doing some cleaning up, installing proper sized wire and connectors in place. My boat has two objects that I am…

Started by Philip J McBride

6 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Timothy "Tim" Miller

Fresh water automatic pressure pump

At first I though someone had left a faucet on in the head.  I knew I had just filled the fresh water tank the other day. But today the tan…

Started by JP Duda

5 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Quentin

CC Lancer Ski Tow Hook Wanted

Does anyone have one of these thay would be willing to part with.  I have tried the usual CC used part sources but no luck.  Thank You!   P…

Started by Paul A Mathias

8 Jul 15, 2013
Reply by Mike Yancey

38 Express re power

i want to repower my 38 commander  any thouhgts on what to go with   im running 454 marine power now 330 hp  any info on 502 s  also want t…

Started by scott boecker

2 Jul 14, 2013
Reply by scott boecker

47 Windshield and Parts

I have owned several wonderful Chris Crafts over the years and now have inherited a 1975, 47' Commander. However, it is missing the clear p…

Started by Kenneth Smith, Jr.

2 Jul 12, 2013
Reply by Quentin

Archivist

Windshield opener - electric motor

Byron Smith reported on July 10, 2013 Here is my response from Bennett Last week, I am having issues with the motor to open the windshield.…

Started by Charlene Pike

2 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Quentin

Archivist

Engine Differences - F, Q and comparison to Marine Power

Eppa Hunton asked in another discussion on July 3, 2013: Can anyone give me a definition of an "F", a "Q" and compare to a Marine Power eng…

Started by Charlene Pike

7 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Dave Bernard

Fuel Economy 8V71 350 HP Twin

Can anyone tell me what kind of fuel mileage I should expect from my 8V71 350 HP engines running at about 1000 to 1200 RPM. I am trying to…

Started by Allan McInnis

3 Jul 9, 2013
Reply by Lawrence J. Capriotti

Engine Blocks - marine vs auto

A few of us were sittin on the dock last night when a question popped up.  What is the difference between the 350 cu in marine block and th…

Started by JP Duda

2 Jul 9, 2013
Reply by Lawrence J. Capriotti

RSS

Club News

Styled In Fiberglass

For your reading pleasure, the latest issue of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, along with past issues, can you accessed through the link below.

Styled In Fiberglass Issues

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service