Selling our 27’ express because we bought a bigger boat last fall. It is a fresh water boat it’s entire life. It is located in West Michigan at the Wharf Marina in Grand Haven .

5/26/2018 Price drop $6500 OBO. I need to move this boat!

This is my 3rd 27 express and it is the most solid of the three I have owned. The roof doesn’t not rack at all going through 2 1/2 footers with the windshield glass open! 3 years ago the 327f was tired and we replaced it with a 454 carburated. She runs great and has less than 100 hours on her. GPS top speed about 33mph. She has Bennett trim tabs which I barely use because the bow comes down nicely with the added power. The hull was sealed with a 2 part west system a few years back and still looks great. We keep her in in and out service so it stays clean.

the boat has an old (original?) head which has a pump out on the bow. 

She is a very solid boat and a great candidate to become a very nice boat. The lines created by the hardtop really show her vintage.

the good:

freshwater boat

new motor great power

solid hull and roof

for and aft bilge pumps

new engine cover with dynamat sound proofing

the bad

some chips in gel coat , minor but there are several

one Bennett trim actuator has slow leak

needs new cover

Asking $8,000  Price drop $6500 OBO

Glenn 616-822- 00940094

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glenn, any idea about fuel consumption?  Someone wanting to do a fast Great Loop might be a candidate!  With this harbor as a starting point a Fall cruise down the circuit from NY would be a great finish.  Critical feature would be range from Hoppies on the Mississippi to either Cape Girardeau, arranged fuel truck, or Green Turtle Bay on KY Lake.

Tim

It has about a 45 gallon tank and I can do a return trip from Grand Haven to Saugatuck on a tank which is 82 miles. Soooo much room below the back floor you could add 2 more 50 gallon tanks easily.

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

Glenn, any idea about fuel consumption?  Someone wanting to do a fast Great Loop might be a candidate!  With this harbor as a starting point a Fall cruise down the circuit from NY would be a great finish.  Critical feature would be range from Hoppies on the Mississippi to either Cape Girardeau, arranged fuel truck, or Green Turtle Bay on KY Lake.

Tim

Price drop $6500 OBO. I need to move this boat!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Styled In Fiberglass

For your reading pleasure, the latest issue of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, along with past issues, can you accessed through the link below.

Styled In Fiberglass Issues

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service