1968 31 Commander with Flybridge BEST OFFER from new owner that will love it.

My family and I thorougly enjoyed this boat from 2000 until about 2 years ago when due to time and too many other obligations we were unable to put it in the water. It has sat on land, shrink-wrapped for 2 seasons now and it is clear will not be launched again by us. Looking for a new owner that will give it the respect it deserves. Located in Norwalk CT.

Its in pretty nice shape and with a little love would be beautiful.

Repowered in 2000 with twin, 350 5.7L PCM SeaMax engines, Flybridge, Mahogany interior, Electric toilet, Depth sounder and GPS. Sleeps six.

Things I can think of regarding it several condition:
Props and shaft are true.
Bottom and hull free of blisters or damage
Teak swim platform solid but does need refinishing
Both helms functional and I believe all the gauges worked except tachs down below. They are mechanical and couldn't be married to the new engines.
Basic electronics, depth, radio, GPS chart plotter
The headliners are not in great shape. One above the back beck worse than the one inside.
Inside is all mahogany and original. Its beautiful. Bright. Comfortable. Airy. Carpeted floors. The upholstery is mostly redone and I have extra material. Electric toilet. Galley is in nice shape. Completely original. Icebox and alcohol stove.
Engines ran well when winterized. They have low hours considering their age and looks great. There is a leak in one of the Paragon trannys towards the back by the coupling.
This boat is pretty basic so there isnt much more I can think off. If you have any question please email me.

Josh 

Views: 826

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Josh: 

When you put your boat on the hard, were the engines properly flushed to get the salt water out of them?  Any other possible corrosion problems?  Looks like a tear in your dinette seat.  How about the rest of the interior?  Very tempting.  Looks like there are possibilities but for me I would have to determine hauling costs to Oklahoma.

Best Regards,

Lewis

I'd like to come see it tomorrow, is that possible?

Jim in NH

Hi. Your email went to SPAM. I just saw it now. Can you call me on my cell to discuss

Jim Frens said:

I'd like to come see it tomorrow, is that possible?

Jim in NH

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Wall Calendars Now Available!!

The Chris-Craft Commander Club 2019 Wall Calendar is now available!!.  We're having to do things a little differently this year, so for calendar details & ordering, Click Here

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service