Attached are several pictures of our boat. She, as you know, is a 47' Chris Craft Commander, flush deck motor yacht, with the 3 stateroom configuration.

Built in Pompano Beach Florida this 1969, is all glass. Twin Detroit Diesel 8V53 naturals propel her with 285 hp each

We are the second owner, and between us have only clocked 1600 hours. We took ownership with 650 hour (accumulated over 27 years, hard to believe). The first 27 years she was maintained by Willis Marine in Huntington, the Captains daughter and son-in-law. Under our command, she has been maintained by either Atlantic Detroit Diesel or Great Peconic Bay Marina where she is docked.

The original gelcaot, comes up mother of pearl with the spring waxing.The Emron blue boot stripe really sets off the dock appeal We added the custom rail blocker, and helm station screen.The cockpit FRP was removed and templates used to reproduce with Honduras Mahogany.

The radar is a “Pathfinder” model by Raytheon with a closed array. A Garmin GPS is tied into a Robertson auto pilot for push button navigation. Mechanical steering was converted to hydraulic, what a difference that made. Of course there is a VHF radio as well as AM-FM-CD with inside and outside speakers

The 7.5 Kohler generator is there, but not working at present. We added a swim platform, a 25 gallon black water tank for the forward head, Bennett trim tabs, custom interior, new ref, counter top, and dinette table top, stainless steel fresh water tank and pump (no more burned out impellors)

Price:  $69,500

Views: 4549

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry for the incomplete shout out , was thinking "fuel cost" not a hire .

Apologies 

Paul Cavenaugh said:

Hey Captain Tony Miller.  I've run across more than a few posts over the past year regarding Pacific Northwest shipment from the East Coast.  Please give us a few details.  Like Contact phone and e-mail address?  What does your service include?

I understand a 47 Commander can make it without the windshield,  but how about a taller boat like a 53 Hatteras with the flybridge removed? 

Thanks Tony.

I'm perplexed by some West Coast buyers.  Shipping big boats by ship seems to be most efficient from east to west because you don't have to disassemble them.  Based on the market prices and limited selection out there,  wouldn't shipping a larger boat make sense in spite of the cost?  Shipping enables a buyer to purchase the best boat no matter where it's located.    

You'd look great on this boat Nick!

Nick Castrow said:

Thank You

Captain Tony miller said:

Yes I do, $15,000 give or take 

Nick Castrow said:

Does anyone have an idea what it would cost to ship this boat to the Pacific Northwest? I know of a couple of people looking for one but they are hard to find up here

Have to agree with Paul about the value, just paid 17K for a 1971 needs work but the 8-53s and generator seem ok.

Paul Cavenaugh said:

Hey Paul.  Chris Wichersham made a good point regarding the generator.  From only the couple of pictures posted,  your boat looks like a nice clean "flat-top" 47.  "Original Correct".  However,  when one major component is in trouble,  it seriously drags down the value in total.  Everything in her is 50 years old.

In todays market she's worth maybe $0-$25,000 needing work.  If the rest of the boat is nice it might be a $35,000 piece depending on the overall condition of the rest of her.  If she's clean and everything works, including the generator, she might be close in value to your asking price. Impossible to determine with out seeing the whole thing.

Of used boats in the cruiser category tracked by Yachtworld last year, Chris Craft wasn't in the top 10 brand names sold.  Hatteras was in 11th place with only 108 sold nationwide in 2015.  That VS 2400 Sea Rays in first place.  Old Chris Crafts warrant a special buyer today. They are out there.      

I can tell you that the prior owner's family marina, Willis Marine, is operated by some of the nicest, most caring people on this planet. I have the pleasure of keeping my Commander there and the boat couldn't be more loved and cared for. They were a Chris Craft Dealer for many years. I had seen this 47 on the bay and it looked beautiful. Good luck to you.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winner!

See more details in this forum post.

A photo album with all contributions is displayed below in or Photo Album section.

Commander Styling Story

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service