Anyone know where I can get this gauge pack rebuilt?

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in need of the same service, looking forward to a response.  When I turn on the instrument lights the gauges go wacky?  I'm guessing the board is shorted somewhere?

There used to be a guy around we all used (Dale Kocian). I know he at least did the older gauges, but sold the business to another outfit a few years ago and prices shot up. Search Kocian Instruments and it might at least be worth asking the question.

There’s another guy out there (Roger, if I recall) at www.speedometersolutions.com Again, no idea if he can help you out, but I guess two leads are better than nothing, right? There may be others listed on the “Links” portion of the library.

I don't think the gauges are servicable as they were made by AC Delco unlike the Sterwart Warner gauges.

These gauges were part of the Total Command System. Go to the Super Disc for some history.

There is some good news to this in that usually the actual gauge is okay and the problem is in the wiring, the gauge connections, and black boxes. Unless the needle has broken off the gauge coil, you probably can fix the problem with time and patience. This also means that even if you can locate someone that does restore these gauges, you will not likely actually resolve the problem.

The Total Command wiring schematics are in the files section here.

The other alternative is to redo the helm instrument panels and rewire for the new gauges.

You can change out the gauges for round ones but you will need to make a mounting plate and wire them from the black plugs that now connect the square panel. A word of caution here I believe that in doing so you need to use what they call Murphy style gauges that will trigger your alarms.

Chris I think each gauge may be able to be replaced--but you have to have the same square gauge-- which on my 1973TF --I repowered and placed new gauges.So I have 2 sets of your gauge packs as I removed both from my flybridge and lower helm. My gauges are not damaged--but some of the individual gauges were not working when I removed them--and I do not --remember which ones did not--or even know why they were not working(eg gauge issue or sender/wiring issue). Anyway if you are wanting to rehab yours and wanted/needed other sets to combine I have some. 50$ plus shipping for both.--Al

Thanks, having the wiring checked this week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Wall Calendars Now Available!!

The Chris-Craft Commander Club 2019 Wall Calendar is now available!!.  We're having to do things a little differently this year, so for calendar details & ordering, Click Here

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service