This year's CCCC Photo Contest saw a record number of participating captains, photographers and photos.  The jury had a tough time scruetinizing all entries. Here is the complete list of top 10 entries this year:

1. James Frens with the photo of his 27 Commander
  2. Kevin R Mueller with a photo of his 42 Commander
  3. Greg Kay with a photo of his  42 Tournament fisherman
  4. Dawn Stone with a photo of Johan & Fran Rose's 42 Commander
  5. Mat Dobransky with a photo of his 42 Commander Sport
  6. Pat Chaps with a photo of his 30 Sportsman
  7. Jeremy Goldstein with a photo of his 35 Commander
  8. Joseph Signorelli with a photo of his 422 Commander
  9. Wayne Roworth with a detail shot of his 38 Commander Sedan
  10. Dave Philipovich with a shot of his 47 Commander approaching a bridge

James Frens also won the photo contest in 2016. The winners get to choose goodies for a value of $100, $75 and $50 respectively from our Dock Shop. Congratulations to all captains, best mates, and photographers.

Here is a slideshow featuring the top 10 photos.

The jury this year consisted of Matt Cowles - membership Chair, Pam Sorensen - PR-Chair and Alarik von Hofsten - Webmaster. In total over 100 photos were submitted. After eliminating near duplicates or very similar photos from the same contributor, 45 photos made it to the first round. A total of 10 photos made to the final round where each jury member ranked the entries from 1 to 10. After aggregating the lists the jury  found the winners.

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats again Jim!!!!!!! And to all those who won!

omg!   I waited the whole month of October for a day nice enough to cross Ipswich Bay from Newburyport to Rockport. Two weeks prior to this shoot, my son and I started out the mouth of the Merrimack, but it was too rough and we turned back. On this day, I went alone. Got over there (about 45 minutes), tied up the boat, and walked around the harbor to the vantage point for a shot of Motif #1, one of the most popular artist scenes in New England. I was waiting for sunset and its unique light on the scene, when a schooner (tourist boat) came and tied up in front of my boat. I nearly died. I called over and told them what I was trying to do, and they gladly moved the schooner just out of the shot. I took a couple dozen shots from various positions, then walked back around, untied the boat and headed back to our marina. It was one of the best days on the boat I had all season.

Thanks for choosing my photo as one of the winners!  It is a real honor. All the photos are beautiful!

Agreed, all are uniquely beautiful. I'd like to know where that bridge is in the last photo.

Looks like the Macinac Bridge that connects the Upper and Lower Peninsula of Michigan.  Live webcam:

http://www.mackinacbridge.org/fares-traffic/bridge-cam/

Jim Frens said:

Agreed, all are uniquely beautiful. I'd like to know where that bridge is in the last photo.

Thanks for including my 422 Commander is this elite group of Chris Craft Commanders.

Joe Signorelli

Barbara Ann 

Charlene Pike said:

Looks like the Macinac Bridge that connects the Upper and Lower Peninsula of Michigan.  Live webcam:

http://www.mackinacbridge.org/fares-traffic/bridge-cam/

Jim Frens said:

Good story Jim! It makes your photo even better. 

Jim Frens said:

omg!   I waited the whole month of October for a day nice enough....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winners

This year's CCCC Photo Contest saw a record number of participating photos. The winners of the of the top three positions are:

1. James Frens with the photo of his 27 Commander, displayed to the left.
  2. Kevin R Mueller with a photo of his 42 Commander
  3. Greg Kay with a photo of his  42 Tournament fisherman.

Here is a slideshow featuring the top 10 photos.

New Issue Available

The Fall 2017 issue of the Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, is now available for download.  

Click here to download your copy.

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service