Looking for ideas on where people are taping into their 327F's for the heat exchanger on a water heater.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I  thought  I  had  pictures  but can't  find  them.  This engine  is changed out so new pics are not  an option.  One hose to the XCH came from the thermostat  tower and the other  from the intake manifold   near the thermostat.  These are 1/4 or 3/8 pipe plugs, R&R with barbed hose connectors.  

WWE

Tim  

Was it what looks like a drain plug on the thermostat housing and the temp sensor hole?

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

I  thought  I  had  pictures  but can't  find  them.  This engine  is changed out so new pics are not  an option.  One hose to the XCH came from the thermostat  tower and the other  from the intake manifold   near the thermostat.  These are 1/4 or 3/8 pipe plugs, R&R with barbed hose connectors.  

WWE

Tim  

One is the pipe plug at the back of the stat housing where it tees to the risers.  The second, I can't remember but it was on the manifold I believe.  The laptop with the file pics died a lingering painful death and not all files were properly saved so I will look through my other sources to see if I can come up with the proper pics.

Tim

Don't worry about it, i think I have a pretty good idea what you're talking about. Did it work well? The on on the thermostat housing isn't vey big if I remember right.

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

One is the pipe plug at the back of the stat housing where it tees to the risers.  The second, I can't remember but it was on the manifold I believe.  The laptop with the file pics died a lingering painful death and not all files were properly saved so I will look through my other sources to see if I can come up with the proper pics.

Tim

It worked well if the thermostat  worked well.  We have an 11 gallon  tank  and it was at temperature  within an hour or so, never use a preposition to  end a sentence  with. ;-)

Yes, one on tsat, the other just rear of the tstat on the intake. I can get pics, but it will be a couple weeks.

Bruce, that was what I thought  but wasn't  sure  enough  to say, thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winners

This year's CCCC Photo Contest saw a record number of participating photos. The winners of the of the top three positions are:

1. James Frens with the photo of his 27 Commander, displayed to the left.
  2. Kevin R Mueller with a photo of his 42 Commander
  3. Greg Kay with a photo of his  42 Tournament fisherman.

Here is a slideshow featuring the top 10 photos.

New Issue Available

The Fall 2017 issue of the Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, is now available for download.  

Click here to download your copy.

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service