i choose to rebuilt my 327Q and now .. where  i can finds those hoses on a 327Q engines,,google doesn't want to help me this time,i hope some people here knows where i can purchase those hoses 

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Harpursmarine.com has them, a little pricey but he has all the hoses. You can go to an auto parts store with the old hoses and match them that way. May need to trim a few pieces if you do that.

thanks ,i contacted them ! i did not know about them..and they have parts for paragon trans,,wow..loll...good help!! thanks steve !!

West Marine should have all the cooling system hoses you need. There's nothing special about these hoses, except that if you buy them from Harour's they will be precut and more expensive. Not slamming Harpur's, they are a great resource for CC engine parts.

Looks like it is mostly 1-1/8" and 1-1/4" hose, not sure how much trouble it will be if not pre-formed.  Has anyone figured out how much of each bulk hose it takes to redo each engine.  Any insight from someone that has already done this would be appreciated.

Thank You

On my 327Fs, I took the hoses to several auto parts stores and matched the formed hoses up with the various hoses they had hanging in their inventory. For the straight hoses, I bought silicone hose, as it was easy to fit and very durable. I had to go to three different stores to find what I needed for the formed hose. I was able to get a couple needed pieces out of some of the hose I bought.

The F has a very convoluted hose in the front of the engine that makes a 90 degree bend and drops about an inch, all in a very short hose length. As luck would have it, they had a special order hose laying on the counter that was a perfect fit.

Harpur Marine has them.  I just ordered a complete set for a 1970 327Q.  Will post back if they are not correct.

Bruce, did you copy  and record the numbers?

Bruce Harkness said:

On my 327Fs, I took the hoses to several auto parts stores and matched the formed hoses up with the various hoses they had hanging in their inventory. For the straight hoses, I bought silicone hose, as it was easy to fit and very durable. I had to go to three different stores to find what I needed for the formed hose. I was able to get a couple needed pieces out of some of the hose I bought.

The F has a very convoluted hose in the front of the engine that makes a 90 degree bend and drops about an inch, all in a very short hose length. As luck would have it, they had a special order hose laying on the counter that was a perfect fit.
Tim, I think I had the sense to do that, but I can't be sure. :) I will be at the boat this weekend and check.

I would guess that some of the hoses were 1968 vintage.
I noted two hose numbers. The rear trans cooler hose was Dayco E71460. The odd front hose with the double 90s and the 1 inch drop was Dayco E71889. I remember getting two needed pieces from each hose. Also used 3 ft of 1-1/4 inch straight hose. If I neeeded others, I did not note it. The rest were easy 90s that I was able to match up looking in the auto parts store's rack of hoses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Great Aerial Video of a  45 Commander

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service