38 Chris Craft Commander 1967/2014 Refit  $60,000 St. Clair Shores, MI

For images see the craigslist posting:

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/6093960632.html

This 38 Commander has been exceptionally well cared for with the two previous owners, father and then son, simply utilizing her as a weekend cottage and cocktail cruiser on the Saginaw river. After I purchased her, she received a total refit with new Awlgrip paint, redesigned galley with new SS appliances, Corian counter top and dinette table, custom mattress and linens, fore and aft facing helm seats, headliners, floor coverings, running gear, head system, Stamoid aft enclosure, etc. etc. etc.

A great deal of thought and care went into her refit which makes her one of a kind and in show condition.

A maintenance log has been kept since 2005 including part numbers of component parts and helpful notes.

In 2015 her twin 427's received upgraded carburetors and air filters, plus SS fuel hose not shown. With 850 original hours, her cruise speed is 22mph @ 2900rpm with a fuel burn of 1 mile per gallon making her as efficient as any modern inboard gas cruising vessel of a similar size. Her 6kw generator is also relatively new with low hours.

Note: the mahogany and navy interior appear dark in the images since most of them were taking in the winter storage building.

Views: 1055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you happen to remember the name of the father and son that you purchased it from? 

I keep my Commander on the Saginaw River. Odds are, I know them. Funny how these boats get around. 

Heath Trerice said:

Yes, I do but I wouldn't want to give out their name on the internet without their permission.

Hello, Checking to see if your boat is still for sale? If it is please contact Mike at(
913) 636-6808

Typically a 38 gets about .85 mpg on average at about 20 mph according to the data from many members. I am impressed with the added speed and better fuel burn! What do you feel you did to help with the better efficiency; those savings can add up fast. A great looking boat!

it's on yacht world with a broker now, asking 59k

The owner seemed very firm on that price. And it is a great looking boat as far as the internet listing, but I learned long ago you have to put eyeballs on it. But as much as I really like these boats, and unless they are perfect, with repower or rebuild, I don't think the market is at the price. I don't care how much you might have in it, it is what it is. Also, odd that the microwave is on the floor. I would remove it and just have a small one on the counter top. But, I really do like this boat and would consider it. Love the lines, back cover, wood interior, seats, etc. And the owner seems to be very meticulous. Gorgeous lines....I wonder how good the paint job is? 

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1967/Chris-Craft-38-Commander-3211...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service