I'm working on a 41 Commander flush deck with flybridge and the factory cabin-top mast has been removed. There is no forward-facing white light or provision for a 360 degree white anchor light on the vessel.

I have seen similar boats on the internet that also have the mast removed, but cannot see an alternate fixture to perform those functions.

Has anyone removed a mast and relocated the light? How was that done?

Wouldn't mind re-installing a mast if one could be found. Boat needs to be legal and safe.

Can anyone provided insight?

Thanks!

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Until you find a oem mast, you could mount one of these on the roof over the helm. It would get you legal for now.

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|2312550|2312552&...

link is supposed to be to the Perko 1196 light, not sure why the link didn't come out right.

PO put both fwd light & anchor light on a single 4’ pole on stbd side of our fly bridge. The anchor light is fine, but I can’t drive from up top at night without being blinded in my right eye. I plan to relocate mine to the front of the flybridge, where there’s easy access for mounting & electical. If you decide to put them on a pole, I’d locate that sucker as far forward as humanly possible. 

The original on the 35 has an aft shield for steaming, the shield is dropped for anchor, hence no blinding.

Nice. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service