Hi, 

I wonder how many 42 DC is still alive, and if there is a data about the number of soft top ones and hardtop ones out of 191 hulls built. 

Views: 756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The members listing a 42 numbers 87 boats.  Of those some seem to be much later than range so they may actually be another model, perhaps a 41 or 410.  If you open the member registry you can then search for any of the fields, location, length etc.  Have fun,

Tim

No exact numbers, but the hard tops were more of a rare bird... Perhaps the Mariner's Museum could help with such a request - they have all of the manufacturing information for CC.

Good afternoon sir, I have hull FBA424043. Soft top, She is alive and progressing nicely.

Thank you for your replies. I am impressed by the high survival rate of this beautiful classic boat. As i see all the owners loves them,

Does anyone knows anything about this boat. 

http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1969/Chris-Craft-42-Commander-313... listing#.WvFZe0xuJAg

I also wonder if usd 12.500 is a normal pricing for taking her down to Fort Lauderdale from Hamilton Ontario

Attachments:

Did a diesel conversion on mine here 25 miles north of Ft Lauderdale, met a guy from Detroit that brought his boat to the Keys every winter for many years. He had repowered with 300 hp Yanmars. Ft lauderdale needs a few 42's.......Come on down!

Byron  FBA423019H

from Hamilton to Ft. Lauderdale by truck or by water?

Hello Jim,

By Truck

Thank you

Jim Frens said:

from Hamilton to Ft. Lauderdale by truck or by water?

I have a 1967----42,  hull#10, a soft top, a change order in mid production. It seems rare that the side frames of the windshield are teak, while the rest of the component is alum. I  have owned the vessel for 20-yrs and it has been my home.  A rare bird here in Portland was a 47 soft top----it looked sharp, I am sure a previous owner must have removed the fac. hardtop.

Chris Orphal said:

No exact numbers, but the hard tops were more of a rare bird... Perhaps the Mariner's Museum could help with such a request - they have all of the manufacturing information for CC.

I paid $4800 to trailer from toledo to grand haven MI and that is only a couple hundred miles. windshield needs to come off...



Egemen Ogulmus said:

Thank you for your replies. I am impressed by the high survival rate of this beautiful classic boat. As i see all the owners loves them,

Does anyone knows anything about this boat. 

http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1969/Chris-Craft-42-Commander-313... listing#.WvFZe0xuJAg

I also wonder if usd 12.500 is a normal pricing for taking her down to Fort Lauderdale from Hamilton Ontario

Would you consider hiring a captain to take her by water? Do you own this boat yet?

Jim, might be able to be relief captain!  Need to get permission from Liz.

some one else from around Detroit brought his 42 to Fl  and back by water, he had fresh 502's. What do you figure $6 per mile?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

_________________________________________

 Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

  Click Here To Learn More

_________________________________________

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service