Hi, 

I wonder how many 42 DC is still alive, and if there is a data about the number of soft top ones and hardtop ones out of 191 hulls built. 

Views: 726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

I am thinking of buying her, i will decide after the surveyors report. Broker says she is repowered, but he does not know when, hours on the engines and service history, actually he does not know anything about her, and i had the feeling he did not see the boat at all. 

Before launching her i need to do some works, and i do not want to do them in Canada, it might be risky to take her by water, i do not think that engines are reliable for such a voyage. Also i will not be doing such long voyage with a boat which i just bought and not familiar with, i will spend some time with her to get used to her, İ would like to know what she will do and when she will do especially if she is 50 years old. I guess it will be like taking a girl to a cruise to Bermuda on a first date. 

Hello Byron

I am thinking of doing a diesel conversion if i buy her. What engines did you use and what is the performance of the boat. Is she still smooth, any vibrations, can you please share.

Thank you

Byron Smith said:

some one else from around Detroit brought his 42 to Fl  and back by water, he had fresh 502's. What do you figure $6 per mile?

Egemen, Hamilton is 30 minutes from me - if there is a need, I could take a trip to take specific pictures, etc. This week is packed but I could find time next week. 

Steve. 

Thank you Steve, you are very kind, but I do not want to bother you with such an chore. 

That would have been fun! Doesn't sound like it's going to happen, not soon anyway.

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

Jim, might be able to be relief captain!  Need to get permission from Liz.

Just curious, Egemen...those Mercs look new. Why would you want to convert to diesel? Byron’s experience has been well documented through the SuperDisc, but the short of the long is its quite a chore. 

Egemen Ogulmus said:

Hello Byron

I am thinking of doing a diesel conversion if i buy her. What engines did you use and what is the performance of the boat. Is she still smooth, any vibrations, can you please share.

Thank you

Byron Smith said:

some one else from around Detroit brought his 42 to Fl  and back by water, he had fresh 502's. What do you figure $6 per mile?

Hello Matt.

there are few reasons for that. 

In the marina where I am going to keep her(only 10 mins from my home by walking), i have no access to gas. They only sell diesel in the marinas petrol station, I have to take her to another marina every time i want a refill and it is 6 nm away from me or i have to carry gas to the boat by shopping carts and i am too old for this.

1 gallon gas is almost usd 6 here, and 1 gallon diesel is almost usd 5, but diesels consume %25 or % 30 less and in total with the lower diesel price it will be economical. recently i made a calculation and i found out that i am making more or less 600 nautical miles annually and gas engines are ok for short distance cruises. I was actually looking for a original one but this is the only 42 dc soft top i could find. 

Matt Cowles said:

Just curious, Egemen...those Mercs look new. Why would you want to convert to diesel? Byron’s experience has been well documented through the SuperDisc, but the short of the long is its quite a chore. 

Egemen Ogulmus said:

Hello Byron

Thank you

Byron Smith said:

Wow, are those prices typical of Florida? At the end of last season we were paying about $3.50 for marine gas here (Newburyport MA). Don't know what this season's price will be, haven't launched yet.

I believe $9 MP is more the current rate give or take.it would be based on if being a back haul or single move for the shipper. We did our 350 5 years ago with no link to another haul and it was $9MP.

Guys, I have communicated with Egeman quite a bit on my boat. His intent is to buy a 42 soft top, ship it to Fla. Then send it to Istanbul and re-power with Diesel engines and generator. That is why no gas engines and the higher fuel prices.

Sorry for not introducing my self.

I am Turkish, living close to Istanbul, and I am an architect. I am a new member. I am happy to be a part of this club and meet people sharing same passion with me. I will take this boat to Florida and pay another 17.000 to ship it to here. The boat will fly the flag of Netherlands. I am sharing few pics of my hometown

Attachments:

Hi Eg,

I have not forgotten to send pics, I am still under shrink wrap. The boat in Canada looks very nice. I will send you photos when I unwrap if you have not found one. Cheers. Scott

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service