I have to replace the starboard engine in my 1980 Commander (410). It has overheated and seized up. I'm looking at replacement long blocks to buy and swap out. Any experience out there with companies that supply these, bolt-up differences, "replacement" vs "remanufactured", specific characteristics like configuration of rear main, types of gaskets etc. Also - I'm looking at getting the new long block into the cabin through the door or window with a hoist. Anyone done this? Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Views: 525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad for you. I ended up having the block and heads rebuilt. Major problem and loss of time on the river. Hope you checked the other hull inlets too. 

OSCAR AGUAYO said:

My port engine was overheating. Close cooling , problem solved.  The tru,hull raw water inlet was clogged about the size of a nail head. Was all the opening I had  hard plaque build up,once clean opening is  one inch overheating solved..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service