I am new to the Club, so thanks, in advance.

I am trying to get information on a 47' 1969 Commander in Guntersville, AL, that is being advertised on

several sites for sale.  I actually found mention of the same boat here in a post from 2007 the other day.

I am not having much luck so far with the "broker", but did get limited info from the marina the other day.

It's turning into a "long story".

The "broker" who is advertising it is not very up to speed concerning Chris craft knowledge, and I was

wondering if any of the members here had seen any information on the boat.  I'm almost 66 now, and I'm

figuring it to be my last restoration I'll tackle, as well as my re-entry into the world of Chris Crafts.  In the past

week I've spent MANY hours searching the archives and forums, and found CCCC to be the number one

go-to place for any information Chris Craft!

Views: 935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Truth.

Same conclusion I reached after restoring my 32' connie and my 37' roamer. I finally realized I was doing it wrong, and bought my current boat for slightly more than the cost of the paintjob the former owner did 4 or 5 years ago. This was a boat where everything worked. It felt like the day I discovered you could order pre-cracked lobster. Cheating? Probably a little. But I'm fine with it.

The connie I'd do again, you can't get another one in that shape without doing the work. The roamer I made a mistake with, there are a dozen of them on yachtworld and boattrader at any given time, I should've just bought one already in good shape. I didn't make that mistake on my 47', and I have really enjoyed having my family on a cruise for thanksgiving, the trip home from Hallandale, all the day trips in between. I turned the key and started using it the day I bought it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winner!

See more details in this forum post.

A photo album with all contributions is displayed below in or Photo Album section.

Commander Styling Story

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service