looking to replace the hoses - was thinking of Shields 135 but I have seen a lot clear of reinforced clear potable used . Thoughts Lee/Dave/Ron

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have used the reinforced clear hose for my genny as well as the potable system.  With the genny I tried to make sure there were no short bends to impair the flow.   Unlike the potable system that will not suck more than about 3 gallons per minute the genny will probably double that and I don't want a collapsed or partially collapsed hose limiting the supply.  I think the supply for the genny is  only 1/2" which makes a large radius bend easier to fit in the space.  Supply for the engines will always be the wire reinforced hose.

FWIW, Tim

I use nitrile reinforced hoses. They are USCG rated for underwater use. Probably overkill, but insurance companies can be fickle.

Your right, the insurance is an issue . It looks like the clear hoses are not rated for below water line use . Just wondering if I was missing something as I have seen several units with the clear hose . Now thinking of Trident 130 ! rated for that use .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service