Anyone know where to get the little chromed cap with chain for the shore water inlet on a 410 (1983).  They are probably chromed brass.  Have one... need one more.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ace hardware sells the identical piece in non-chromed brass, as a hose plug fitting, which is what I have one one side. At some point I will pay the $50 to get the little thing chromed but just haven’t got around to it. It’s a standard plug that’s still made, just in plain brass not chromed.

Hey Chris.  Thanks for hitting me back.  The thread on mine in female hose bib.  So the cap I need is male hose bib thread.  Not NPT.  I can find plenty of brass male NPT thread caps.  But the thread count is wrong and they only screw in about 3/4 turn.  So I'm still on the hunt.

Update!  I found the exact part.  Here's the link.  Looks like it comes from Grainger off eBay.  It was your answer that helped me out.  "Hose Plug Fitting" was all I had to type in to get going in the right direction.  Buy one of these and it's cheaper than getting yours chromed.

Thanks so much!!

Chris Wickersham said:

Ace hardware sells the identical piece in non-chromed brass, as a hose plug fitting, which is what I have one one side. At some point I will pay the $50 to get the little thing chromed but just haven’t got around to it. It’s a standard plug that’s still made, just in plain brass not chromed.

I know, that part pictured is the identical one ace hardware sells just in non-chromed brass. I still have one original one on the other side of the boat, they’re literally identical other than the color. That said since you have found where I can get a chromed one that matches I am ordering one of the ones you found. Good research there. Thank you very much for finding that.

Hey Chris.  Don't buy the caps at the link I sent you.  They won't fit.  Sorry about that!

Chris Wickersham said:

Lol they’re sitting on my counter in the grainger bubble mailer, at least I know they won’t fit lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Styled In Fiberglass

For your reading pleasure, the latest issue of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, along with past issues, can you accessed through the link below.

Styled In Fiberglass Issues

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service