Anyone know where to get the little chromed cap with chain for the shore water inlet on a 410 (1983).  They are probably chromed brass.  Have one... need one more.

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ace hardware sells the identical piece in non-chromed brass, as a hose plug fitting, which is what I have one one side. At some point I will pay the $50 to get the little thing chromed but just haven’t got around to it. It’s a standard plug that’s still made, just in plain brass not chromed.

Hey Chris.  Thanks for hitting me back.  The thread on mine in female hose bib.  So the cap I need is male hose bib thread.  Not NPT.  I can find plenty of brass male NPT thread caps.  But the thread count is wrong and they only screw in about 3/4 turn.  So I'm still on the hunt.

Update!  I found the exact part.  Here's the link.  Looks like it comes from Grainger off eBay.  It was your answer that helped me out.  "Hose Plug Fitting" was all I had to type in to get going in the right direction.  Buy one of these and it's cheaper than getting yours chromed.

Thanks so much!!

Chris Wickersham said:

Ace hardware sells the identical piece in non-chromed brass, as a hose plug fitting, which is what I have one one side. At some point I will pay the $50 to get the little thing chromed but just haven’t got around to it. It’s a standard plug that’s still made, just in plain brass not chromed.

I know, that part pictured is the identical one ace hardware sells just in non-chromed brass. I still have one original one on the other side of the boat, they’re literally identical other than the color. That said since you have found where I can get a chromed one that matches I am ordering one of the ones you found. Good research there. Thank you very much for finding that.

Hey Chris.  Don't buy the caps at the link I sent you.  They won't fit.  Sorry about that!

Chris Wickersham said:

Lol they’re sitting on my counter in the grainger bubble mailer, at least I know they won’t fit lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service