This one came up local and he says it has Cat diesels. Could be a good liveaboard, but it doesn't match the model library. Can anyone chime in?

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/chris-craft-commander-45/66946...

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris

It looks to be a 67 42 Commander with a hardtop.

I'm thinking its a scam post. I texted the seller for interior and engine pics and conveniently "12v lights didn't work so it was too dark". 

at that price, it's definitely suspicious.

Would definitely ask if those are current pics. Does she look different after Harvey??

Not sure. I was just cruising craigslist.

Matt Cowles said:

Would definitely ask if those are current pics. Does she look different after Harvey??
42 not a 45

Hey Gang:

Most definitely a 42 Commander dating between between 1967 to 1969.  It may have been 8V53 powered when new but if CAT powered only the following would fit in that engine room:  3116, 3126, 3160 and/or 3208 series of engines.  Pics please for me to solve this riddle!

Jim Rivas

Hi Jim,

Which, if any, would fit in a 38' Commander.

Thank you,

Pat

Hi Pat:

Actually all of the above would fit.  There is a club member that repowered his 38’ with CAT 3116’s rated at 350 HP@2800 RPM.  Fit great and made the boat a real performer.  With the above mentioned engines, it is all about how much one wants to spend and how fast you want to go.  Also for consideration, would be the Cummins B series engines.  These would be an excellent fit as well.

Jim Rivas

And that 38 has been on the market for a bit. Ron Smoker brought Summer Song to the rendezvous This year. She's still a damn head turner!! But he's not giving it away.  

Jim Rivas said:

Hi Pat:

Actually all of the above would fit.  There is a club member that repowered his 38’ with CAT 3116’s rated at 350 HP@2800 RPM.  Fit great and made the boat a real performer.  With the above mentioned engines, it is all about how much one wants to spend and how fast you want to go.  Also for consideration, would be the Cummins B series engines.  These would be an excellent fit as well.

Jim Rivas

Hi Jim,

I talked to the owner last night.  He said they were not 6 cylinders leading me to believe they are 3208s.

I am showing the minimum spec length @ 42.7" my 454s show to be 34".

I will get my tape measure out.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Pat

You talked to the owner of the boat I posted above? What did he have to say about it? I’m curious why the price is so low.

Pat Stone said:

Hi Jim,

I talked to the owner last night.  He said they were not 6 cylinders leading me to believe they are 3208s.

I am showing the minimum spec length @ 42.7" my 454s show to be 34".

I will get my tape measure out.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Pat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

________________________________________

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

_________________________________________

 

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service