What color code is the copper color on the bottom and what is the best type of paint to use? I want something good so I don't have to do it every year. Will be docked on the Mississippi River so there's plenty of algae.

Views: 682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's how I got my boat off the trailer. Fortunately my boat came with four Brownell boat stands.

1. Lower the trailer tongue jack all the way down

2. put two stands under the stern, one on each side

3. raise the tongue jack as high as it will go

4. I used at least four bottle jacks (on solid concrete blocks or sturdy wood blocks) and a heavy duty floor jack to slowly lift the bow up until there was just a hair between the hull and the trailer bunks.

5. pull the trailer forward until it hits a block. jack up the other blocks until this one can be pulled out, move it to behind  the axle or cross member it's hitting, then move the trailer again. repeat until the trailer is out.  my trailer has 2 axles and at least 2 cross members, so it took a lot of moves to get it out.

6. put the other two stands under the bow end, with a chain between them, to support the bow side-to-side.

I've seen a jack system that attaches to your trailer and lifts the boat in place, but I don't know if it would support a 10,000 pound boat.

Genius! Thank you!!

Jim Frens said:

Here's how I got my boat off the trailer. Fortunately my boat came with four Brownell boat stands.

1. Lower the trailer tongue jack all the way down

2. put two stands under the stern, one on each side

3. raise the tongue jack as high as it will go

4. I used at least four bottle jacks (on solid concrete blocks or sturdy wood blocks) and a heavy duty floor jack to slowly lift the bow up until there was just a hair between the hull and the trailer bunks.

5. pull the trailer forward until it hits a block. jack up the other blocks until this one can be pulled out, move it to behind  the axle or cross member it's hitting, then move the trailer again. repeat until the trailer is out.  my trailer has 2 axles and at least 2 cross members, so it took a lot of moves to get it out.

6. put the other two stands under the bow end, with a chain between them, to support the bow side-to-side.

I've seen a jack system that attaches to your trailer and lifts the boat in place, but I don't know if it would support a 10,000 pound boat.

I did something similar to Jim to get to the spots on my 280. Lowered the toung to get the back up, block the back. Raise the toung, blocked the bow, then lowered the toung and let the air out of the tires, pulled the trailer forward, paint the spots under the trailer, then reverse the process. I never completely removed the trailer. 

I lift my Commander with a 3 ton car jack when I need to, has no trouble. 

Mark Riehm said:

Wondering to myself how to lift the boat to get to the places it's currently resting on. Think the boat weighs in the neighborhood of 10,000 lbs. Gonna take a serious jack......

Thank you! 

Pettit 1933 Copper Bronze is what Northern Star gets every year. Roughly 208/gallon. 

Mark , When we did ours the yard was kind enough to put her in the sling so we could get to the parts where the stands were .

Is it close to the original copper? 

Lee H. Dahlen said:

Pettit 1933 Copper Bronze is what Northern Star gets every year. Roughly 208/gallon. 

I won't have access to a sling where I'm doing mine. 

Tony Kirkland said:

Mark , When we did ours the yard was kind enough to put her in the sling so we could get to the parts where the stands were .

Doubt you can compare colors easily but this is Petit 1933.IMG_6239.jpg
 
Mark Riehm said:

Is it close to the original copper? 

Lee H. Dahlen said:

Pettit 1933 Copper Bronze is what Northern Star gets every year. Roughly 208/gallon. 

Attachments:

Nice! 

This is what Sandusky looks like ---

That's what I'm alking about. Where did you buy? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

_________________________________________

 Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

  Click Here To Learn More

_________________________________________

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service