does ant one know the draft on a 47 foot commander hard top boat

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looking to take my first intercostal trip from denton n carolina to stuart and then across okeechobee water way any thoughts or suggestions

About 4 feet.

Go with Chris number but in the files it says 38" without being specific to model.

http://commanderclub.com/page/47-commander

Here, this will give you an idea.

Confusing...My 410 page says 3’ 3”, which tracks with my own measurements. It doesn’t make sense a 47’ would draw an inch less, it’s such a heavier boat. Perhaps it should have read 3’ 8”?  I’ve seen it listed as 38” in CC brochures too, so who knows I guess.

Bruno

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

Go with Chris number but in the files it says 38" without being specific to model.

http://commanderclub.com/page/47-commander

Weight is not the only thing to consider when calculating draft.  It's also how the hull is shaped.  A telephone pole on it's side draws 6 inches, up right it draws 12 feet.

Think of the weight on a work barge that's long and wide and loaded with backhoes and a crane.  It only draws a couple of feet.

-Darin

The earlier 41's had a slightly deeper keel than the 410's, the listed draft difference was 1" but if you put the two side by side on the hard they look significantly different, could be lower hull shape?

I was up at my boat today and I measured my friends 47 -- 53" from the water line to the bottom of the prop 

That’s right about what mine draws too.

Do you gentlemen feel that a 47 drafts 53 inches can I get threw the inter coastal water way from Edenton North Carolina to Stuart Florida then cut across the canal to okacheebe to fort meyers

Yeah, that’s right around 4 feet, really not that much for a boat this size, you have at least that much in most or all of the ICW. Just watch your depth gauge and slow down when it gets shallow.

Thanks are you familiar with cutting across Florida threw lake okachobee water way and connecting canals can I make it with this draft of 53 inched

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Wall Calendars Now Available!!

The Chris-Craft Commander Club 2019 Wall Calendar is now available!!.  We're having to do things a little differently this year, so for calendar details & ordering, Click Here

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service