Is this an exhaust clean-out? Anyone know what the purpose of this square box is? It sits between the engines and the mufflers.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That could be a resonator. Just a guess as I have not seen that exact one.

It also appears the hose from the engine is getting bad. Might want to replace it before it fails. Good way to sink your boat if it fails.

I was told both exhaust hoses were replaced in the not to distant past. I noticed the wrinkles/waves and figured it was because of the tight quarters. You're suggesting that is a sign that the hose is weakening at that point?

How low does your boat set in the water? 

In view of the fact that it has arrows and an inspection/service cover on it in the "up" position and located between the engine and the exit... I would tend to think it is some sort of swing check or back flow preventer keeping sea water out of your exhaust engine manifolds.

I agree with Clyde. The minute I looked at the picture & saw the directional arrows I thought "Backflow Preventer", Usually one would expect to see something like this on a fishing vessel where they frequently are in reverse backing down on a fish. Sure your boat isn't an ex tuna fishing boat ??  :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service