For those of you who are fortunate enough to live in Virginia (other Ches Bay states may also have this available), there is a new way to get your fuel tax refunds. ONLINE!!
Here is the notice I received from DMV regarding the new system. Hope it helps. I certainly take advantage of it everytime we fuel.
The new Online Fuels Tax Refund System is efficient and convenient. The system displays messages to customers when fuel receipts or other information is required to help speed up the processing time.
Things You Need to Know
· Registration is required the first time you use the system. It is easy and secure!
· Users must register as a business, individual, government, or nonprofit customer.
· The system guides users through a series of questions based on the type of refund and customer type (business, individual, government, non-profit).
· Online refund applicants receive an email notification acknowledging receipt of their submitted applications. No wondering if DMV has received your application!
· Customers that use the online system are able to view the status of their refund applications submitted online.
· DMV will process fuels tax refund applications previously submitted via mail. Please DO NOT resubmit them online, this may cause duplication and slow down the refund process.
· Information and FAQ’s about the fuels tax refund process are available on DMV’s Website at www.dmvNow.com.
· The DMV Fuels Tax Refund System operates independently from other DMV systems. Information entered and stored on this system will not modify information on any other DMV system.
· To access the system go to www.dmvNow.com under Online Services select Payments and Refunds then select Fuels Tax Refund.
· If you still have questions or experience problems using the Online Fuels Tax Refund System, please email us at email@example.com or you may call our office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET) at (804) 367-2690, (804) 249-5110, (804) 367-4329.