The varnished inside faces of the head doors had blistered and looked ratty so I finally got around to sanding them down.  The side walls were white and curiosity got the better of me so I took the mirror down and test-sanded behind only to find my job had just become bigger (thanks to whichever P.O. broke out the Benjamin Moore).  I didn't think to take a proper before photo so here's the test-sanded area, the fully sanded head, and the current (3rd coat of West Systems Epoxy) state.  Remaining work to be done is two coats of Captain's varnish, new floor, new fixtures, window dressing, and maybe some LED lighting.  Then we'll really be able to "enjoy the go"

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John.  You're on the North shore, right?  I'm down in Island Park near Long Beach.

Jim, you are correct. Can't work on your own boat.  That's pretty normal around here as I understand.

Ely

Im no better than the next guy but definatly a good chance im more itchy

Hoping to be  painting my  bilge very soon.

Your head looks great 

Actually my boat is on the south shore.  I believe you boat was a couple of boats away from me at the Bergen marina when on the hard.  If I remember correctly it was once owned by the Andrew sisters.

It wasn't mine at the time.  I wish I could prove it was once owned by the Andrews Sisters.  That would be a hoot!

Supposedly mine was once owned by one of the Mandrell sisters. I don't put much stock in that.

Is your boat called the "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy"?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

New Executive Committee

The results of the executive committee election are now in. As from January 1, 2108 the executive committee will have the following members:

• Chief Commander - Lee Dahlen
  • Treasurer  John Rose, New!
  • Web Master - Pam Sorensen, New!
  • Archivist - Charlene Pike
  • Membership Chair - Matt Cowles
  • PR-Chair --- John Heenan, New!

Read about our new executive committee here. 

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

New Issue Available

The Fall 2017 issue of the Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, is now available for download.  

Click here to download your copy.

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service