I really am not the biggest fan of the way my boat handles. I feel like the skipper in Gilligan's island throwing the wheel around, a 1/4 or 1/2 turn of the wheel does little to nothing. A full turn or more is required to get the boat to answer the helm at anything less than 8-9 knots. If you throw it all the way over at any speed even idle, she'll heel over and spin almost in her own length, so she seems to have enough rudder. It's bizarre, like an on/off switch.

1) Is this normal for these? 2) To fix this I am considering going to hydraulic steering with a shorter ratio. Plan on going to the Bahamas and I am not dealing with this for 10 hours a day. Does anybody have any recommendations? Anyone done this swap?

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Only a guess, I think the designed length permitted shaft removal without rudder removal.  A rudder with more surface to the rear probably would not be as effective as the longer would but it might be an improvement.

The Club & it's website, Super Disc & Resource Collection are sorta like the bible :-) The answer is somewhere, you just have to know where to look !

Reverend Morland :-)

http://api.ning.com/files/oJI0y6HlVvSj3NAbZm1XTcEVDYXHZ55XNziYx3PIG...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Great Aerial Video of a  45 Commander

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service