Last year I relocated the battery from the outside of my starboard engine for easier access and added two boxes for additional batteries. Now that my refrigerator stopped cooling I have to remove it so I will have access to run wires up to the cabinet above the fridge. I have a free west marine 7000 watt inverter and all I want to power is the fridg, TV, stereo and one lamp. Planning on a rotory switch   for the two lines and a switch to turn on the inverter.  Tried to send a text picture to Timmy Miller but he still has a flip phone, get a new smart phone Tim!!

After this is done I have to change out aft cabin AC with new copper lines, compressor and  evaporator coil, oh what fun!

Views: 154

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Byron, you still need to answer my question, doesn't the unit automatically switch out/in with line AC on/off?

Most inverters do this so you would only need to wire desired loads to the inverter, no need for a switch.  Shore power or genny supplied current inverter is out of the AC circuit, AC input lost, inverter takes on wired loads.  I haven't reinstalled my old inverter charger but it switched over so fast the clock on the microwave stayed on.

Tim of the tiny phone.  All the better to fill my pockets with more Oreos, my dear!

The "Wanderer" came to me with an inverter already installed. I do not know what size it is. (It's on my list) It runs through a panel which shows power consumption and has an on/off switch. Comes in handy when you unplug from shore power, don't want to run the genny, and don't want to drain the house batts running the 110 appliances. I know mine powers all the outlets and lights on the boat. 

Tim, I pass no judgement on your phone. 

Really, I'm not laughing.  

Tim isn't the only one still using a flip phone... 

I would answer LOL, but you probably don't text either. My children (18 and 24) tell me that my idea of fun as a kid was throwing rocks at dinosaurs, but I still have have a stupid smart phone. I also thought "the smell of the sea" was varnish. They don't get that. 

Send a text to the number on My Page and find out :)  I spend my days in front of a computer, I don't need to carry one in my pocket. My wife has a smartphone and it runs her life. So I'm fine with good old flip phone that runs a week on a charge.

Glad I’m not the only one! Though may be one of the last of my generation lol.

Jim Frens said:

Send a text to the number on My Page and find out :)  I spend my days in front of a computer, I don't need to carry one in my pocket. My wife has a smartphone and it runs her life. So I'm fine with good old flip phone that runs a week on a charge.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winners

This year's CCCC Photo Contest saw a record number of participating photos. The winners of the of the top three positions are:

1. James Frens with the photo of his 27 Commander, displayed to the left.
  2. Kevin R Mueller with a photo of his 42 Commander
  3. Greg Kay with a photo of his  42 Tournament fisherman.

Here is a slideshow featuring the top 10 photos.

New Issue Available

The Fall 2017 issue of the Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, is now available for download.  

Click here to download your copy.

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service