To all,

I hope your week is going well. Would anyone know of a source for individual Jabsco Spotlight parts? Specifically, I need the two white plastic collars/clamps that fit around the horizontal and vertical tubes - both are cracked, so they do not hold against the cork liners which in tune grab the shafts as things turn. I've searched the web in vain to try and find these two plastic parts....

Thanks,

Dale

IMG_20160730_145025406.jpg

Views: 266

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dale,
I think your most likely solution is the Jabsco rebuild kit at a cost of around $280.00. depending on the condition of your light, it might not be justified.

You could look for a used light but I suspect that many of these lights with some years on them will have a similar problem. The issue is aging plastic covered with grease for an extended period. The plastic hardens and cracks. Sometimes these kits show up on eBay.

Dale,

Here's a long shot, but what do you have to lose? That light looks pretty old and I'm surprised there's even a rebuild kit still available. Why don't you go to YouTube and search for "plastic welding" or "welding plastic". They have a bunch of videos and you really don't have anything to lose. It might work :-) Stranger things have happened ! I have a hunch those pieces are ABS plastic. BTW, how do you like Lake Lanier compared to Lake Michigan ??

Hey Dale:

Try this place out, LB Harvey in Miami, Florida.  They should have what you need.  Good Luck!

www.lbharveymarine.com/?page_id=235

Best Regards,

Jim Rivas

Hi Ronald, Hi Dick, Hi Jim,

Thanks for your replies. Jim, I'll try LB Harvey. Looks from their site that may have the plastic collars.

HI Dick, Hope you are doing well, and your health is holding up. Lanier is great as the water is always warm (and you don't have to be pulled every winter as it never freezes), but I would be lying if I said we didn't miss Milwaukee. Noting like heading up right in to the center of town where all the action was. That plus Milwaukee has spectacular fireworks on the Forth of July, and great days during Summerfest. As you personally know, Lake Michigan is real boating. My boys and I call Lake Lanier "Jr. Boating". When you can always see land, well..., not quite as daunting as an 84 mile crossing of Lake Michigan to go to a Commander Club Rendezvous. You never really need full tanks on Lanier, or even a GPS....

Dale

Dale,

Glad to hear the south is treating a Yankee like you (& me) well :-). Patty & I always wondered what it would be like not to have to winterize & put the boat away for winter. I'm pretty sure our house would have suffered because we mostly put off all home maintenance till fall when the boat was put away.

Perhaps you or any other club member who knows Lake Lanier can answer a question for me about boat size on Lanier. Whilst surfing Yacht World I came across a Jefferson 53 International in Buford, GA which clearly is Lanier. See picture below ----

This is a pretty big boat, and I believe I've also seen some pretty big Commanders for sale in Lanier. How do they get there? Trailer ?? This 53 looks considerably bigger than our previous 47 Commander, and to trailer a 47 you have to strip every thing above the instrument panel. I've even heard you have to take the tachs off the dash to get under the height limit. Is there a water route for big boats to get to Lanier, or they all trailered?

Also, how's the water level down there now? Last time I was in that area Lanier & Altoona were really low. 

Have you heard of Aunt Hill on Lanier?  I think my friend who makes that reference had a very large houseboat made not far from there about 5(maybe more) years ago.

Tim

Hi Dick,

Indeed, you ought to see the size of the houseboats in our marina on Lake Lanier - over 100 feet, many with flybridges and slides. When they come in, they are on low boy trailers, and put down a ramp, (rather than on a lift). I'm always amazed at the "overkill" of so many huge boats on what is in my mind such a small lake. Power lines are actually pretty high at most of the ramps and marinas, so I see a lot of boats come in with flybridges intact. However, when we moved our Catalina down from Milwuakee, I pulled the bridge, rails, and seats to allow Jim to get through the overpasses on the way down.

No water route - Lanier is captive. 

Want me to go take a look at that 53 Jefferson for you? Ha!

Dale

Tim - not heard of Aunt Hill.....

Dick Morland said:

Dale,

Glad to hear the south is treating a Yankee like you (& me) well :-). Patty & I always wondered what it would be like not to have to winterize & put the boat away for winter. I'm pretty sure our house would have suffered because we mostly put off all home maintenance till fall when the boat was put away.

Perhaps you or any other club member who knows Lake Lanier can answer a question for me about boat size on Lanier. Whilst surfing Yacht World I came across a Jefferson 53 International in Buford, GA which clearly is Lanier. See picture below ----

This is a pretty big boat, and I believe I've also seen some pretty big Commanders for sale in Lanier. How do they get there? Trailer ?? This 53 looks considerably bigger than our previous 47 Commander, and to trailer a 47 you have to strip every thing above the instrument panel. I've even heard you have to take the tachs off the dash to get under the height limit. Is there a water route for big boats to get to Lanier, or they all trailered?

Also, how's the water level down there now? Last time I was in that area Lanier & Altoona were really low. 

Attachments:

Dale, Aunt Hill, was a reference  by Tommy Bagwell and his cousin to the homes of there mom's overlooking  the lake.  I haven't  kept up with Tommy and the aunts have probably passed.  Last  I heard, probably  a decade ago he was having a steel houseboat  built on the order of 100 ft.  Like you say, lots of big boats landlocked.

Tim  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Wall Calendars Now Available!!

The Chris-Craft Commander Club 2019 Wall Calendar is now available!!.  We're having to do things a little differently this year, so for calendar details & ordering, Click Here

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service