Headed South from Grand Bahama, arrival at deserted Goat Island in Berry Islands

Views: 942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of the bigger commanders have 300-500 gallons of Diesel..I would think that even if you are only getting (1mpg) on a diesel, which would be pretty bad, you could go pretty damn far on a tank.

Jim Frens said:

Nice! I didn't think Commanders had that kind of range.

His is a 45' like mine. 400 gallons I believe.

We have 500 gal. fuel storage, and have to work at getting mileage 1 mpg, careful with speed.  Most but not all of the hops are short(ish) but the  issue is distance to reliable, quality fuel.  I'm comfortable with using 2/3 of my fuel so practical range is around 300 miles, less if you worry about range on one engine.

Chet I would love to see your charts when you get done with this trip. Where you started and where your stops were. We are planning to do this trip eventually. 

Chet Osborn said:

We have 500 gal. fuel storage, and have to work at getting mileage 1 mpg, careful with speed.  Most but not all of the hops are short(ish) but the  issue is distance to reliable, quality fuel.  I'm comfortable with using 2/3 of my fuel so practical range is around 300 miles, less if you worry about range on one engine.

Trade winds have been blowing 25- 30 for a week in Puerto Rico.  Lady Charlotte waiting in Ponce for a more tranquil crossing to St. Thomas.

Chet, I hope the trade winds calm down and you are able to make the crossing. I would also love to see your charts.

Alive and well in St. Thomas.  I'll post a few photos when  I get organized.

Anchored in the mangroves, Salinas PR

Inside Culebra reef,. 1 dozen cruising sailboats and 1 Chris Craft Commander

On the hook, Redhook USVI

Attachments:

You are living the dream my friend! That is too cool! Boat is looking great!

Journey's end Lady Charlotte in Charlotte Amalie Harbor.  Appropriately enough April 1, 2017.  Now back to "reality".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winner!

See more details in this forum post.

A photo album with all contributions is displayed below in or Photo Album section.

Commander Styling Story

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service