Just a degree or two but my new to me 31 Commander lists to port while at the dock (see pic).  It's not the wind as she does it in all wind conditions, the fuel tanks are both topped off and the water tank is empty.  Not the dock lines either, she does it both when secured or off the dock.  Any ideas why this is and what can be done to improve her posture?   Also, I went to change the oil in the 327F's today but I can't get the extractor tube down the dipstick tube.  I'm using the smallest tube supplied with the pump which I believe is 3/16 in. but it gets hung up about six inches in.   Any help for a new boat owner would be greatly appreciated!

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

your welcome Chris

Maybe I had more fuel in the port tank? Not sure what else it could be. Everything else is the same. Just more wood and the ice box on the port side. I know the water line was about an inch higher on the port side when I took her out for the season.

Jim Frens said:

funny, my 27 sits perfectly level with no one on board. my gas tank sits just inside the transom and the water tank (which is usually empty anyway) just in front of that. holding tank is on the port side but that's empty also. maybe my tools sitting under the dinette table offset the galley weight? but what's so heavy in the galley? not the stove. maybe the ice box? but the dinette table is a bit heavy too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winner!

See more details in this forum post.

A photo album with all contributions is displayed below in or Photo Album section.

Commander Styling Story

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service