We are terribly, terribly disappointed that we've somehow lost the original flag pole on our 31' Sports Express....the boat seems a bit naked without the pole!   Can someone provide the exact dimensions of the pole so that I might have a duplicate made??  Alternatively (and better yet) if you will send me your pole in the off season, I will have it replicated....I'll have some extras made and offer them at cost to Commander Club members.  Yes, I've checked with the vendor resources on this site but no poles seem to be available.

This is very important to my boat (also my wife and I) !!  Your help is appreciated.

Pete  630-842-8504

Views: 631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting article but I did not see where it specified 1" horizontal for each foot??

under Size of Flags, 2nd paragraph:

"The national ensign flown at a flag staff at the stern of your boat should be one inch on the fly for each foot of overall length."

It took me some reading to figure out that "on the fly" means horizontal and "hoist" means vertical, as in "The U.S. national ensign has a 10:19 hoist/fly ratio".

Most flag manufacturers are using a 2:3 or 3:5 ratio. 

Hi Pete,

does the flag staff fit in your transom holder?  in mine there's about 3/8" - 1/2" extra space.

Jim

Jim. Sounds like you have an entirely different socket. You can send the pole back and I'd be glad to refund.

No way I'd send it back. I'll just make an adapter if I use it on my boat. It was going to be for the 31 SE, but I don't know if that's going to happen or not. I haven't been down there to see if the pole fits that boat.

OK.  Keep me posted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Great Aerial Video of a  45 Commander

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service