Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark (and anyone else interested), we've used Ace Hardware brand spider spray. Seems to do the trick at the river for probably a month at a time. Dick, I'm interested in your option as you might have a few more years experience than I do...

Dick, I googled barn spray spiders in there several products and also home remedies. Is there one in particular that you found effective?

This is by far the best stuff I've found to date. I spray once in the spring, and again in august. I'm into our 5th season on one bottle, so don't let the price scare you!

https://www.amazon.com/Tempo-Control-Insecticide-Spiders-Silverfish...

Many years ago at Michigan City our floating docks were infested with spiders. It was so bad Patty got bit in the night a couple of times and the subsequent inflammation and rash were nasty. One day I was bitching about the damn critters when a dock mate who was a charter fisherman and never slept on his boat heard me and said " Why don't you use some barn spray" ? He did live on a farm whilst I was a city slicker. I didn't know what the hell barn spray was or where to get it. He replied he went by a Farm & Fleet on his way to the boat and subsequently brought me a spray can of some kind of insect spray. It did work beautifully, but it's been so many years ago I forget what the brand was. Here's a link to what I found on Farm & Fleets web site. However, John's recommendation is pretty strong, he's much younger than I am and hence his memory certainly is better, plus he has multi year experience with his recommendation. Whatever you use, or however you do it, let's kill the little bastards when they get close to our boats :-)

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1025411-terro-spider-killer-a...

That product works great on the spiders around the covered moorage above my boat. I picked it up at ace hardware. Also mint extract with water in a spray bottle does the job on spiders that sneek inside.      Bob

Dick Morland said:

Many years ago at Michigan City our floating docks were infested with spiders. It was so bad Patty got bit in the night a couple of times and the subsequent inflammation and rash were nasty. One day I was bitching about the damn critters when a dock mate who was a charter fisherman and never slept on his boat heard me and said " Why don't you use some barn spray" ? He did live on a farm whilst I was a city slicker. I didn't know what the hell barn spray was or where to get it. He replied he went by a Farm & Fleet on his way to the boat and subsequently brought me a spray can of some kind of insect spray. It did work beautifully, but it's been so many years ago I forget what the brand was. Here's a link to what I found on Farm & Fleets web site. However, John's recommendation is pretty strong, he's much younger than I am and hence his memory certainly is better, plus he has multi year experience with his recommendation. Whatever you use, or however you do it, let's kill the little bastards when they get close to our boats :-)

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1025411-terro-spider-killer-a...

Great info men, thank you very much. I almost considered the shotgun this weekend. I will let the spraying commence!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Styled In Fiberglass

For your reading pleasure, the latest issue of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, along with past issues, can you accessed through the link below.

Styled In Fiberglass Issues

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service