Just did it today for the first time. Gorgeous fall day. Settles right down at idle. Evens out above 1600. Very erratic jumping needle. I did clean both engines yesterday Simple green and a rag followed by carb cleaner. I could throw a sending unit at it. Just wondering what else is likely.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pull the wire, clean the contact surfaces, consume a martini for the water gods of vagary and try again.  It may not help but you will feel better for having done it, it may require a second martini.  It also may indicate you should run above 1600.  Good news is that pressure is indicated.

sending unit or bad ground . 

Both are possibles. Usually a loose wire on the sending unit causes this. 

Had this problem before.  Stuck oil filter by-pass valve causing the oil pump relieve to cycle. CHANGE YOUR OIL FILTER.

Dwayne Jones

Thanks for the suggestions and experiences. I will take a look at the wire on the sender. I suspect that strongly, since the problem started after cleaning the engines. I never thought of the oil filter, but the oil pressure readings are prefect 400 rpm above or below 1200. Something to keep in mind, I suppose it could be rpm related due to flow changes. Until I get it sorted, I will stay out of that rpm range.
The oil pressure sensor wire nut was bouncy loose. We have a winner! Thanks Lee and all other boat detectives that chimed in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winners

This year's CCCC Photo Contest saw a record number of participating photos. The winners of the of the top three positions are:

1. James Frens with the photo of his 27 Commander, displayed to the left.
  2. Kevin R Mueller with a photo of his 42 Commander
  3. Greg Kay with a photo of his  42 Tournament fisherman.

Here is a slideshow featuring the top 10 photos.

New Issue Available

The Fall 2017 issue of the Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, is now available for download.  

Click here to download your copy.

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service