Was at the boat yesterday and found out cause of a boat fire last fall at a local club . Another failed 30 amp power inlet on the side of the boat ! The folks had just bought the boat last summer and loved it . Could have been avoided . sad !

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought I had a connection problem on our 1968 42" Commander last summer as I was not getting any shore power.  Checked breakers and took apart my 50 amp plug to see if I had a bad connection.  Nothing appeared to be wrong.  This left only the connector on the side of the boat.  I proceeded to take it apart and one wire just fell off the connector.  It would be a good idea for everyone to take that connector apart and check that all the wires are tight.  50 years of vibration will work those set screws loose!

Dave Wilson

42' Commander "Valhalla"

Good Advice.

I will add to check your breakers. Our boat has 40A main breakers, on a 30A shore power cord. This means you are fully dependent on the marina breaker to protect the cable as the boat will happily overload it. We happen to plug into a 250V 50A shore connection split to two 30A - so in our case their is no 30A protection for the cord. 

It would be much better to replace the main boat breakers with 30A. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service