While working on my holding tank plumbing (not a pleasant job, but at least I found the leak) I had to remove the port side exhaust hose. I had noticed some weeping from it last season, so assuming I was going to replace it anyway, I cut it off because it didn't want to slide off the elbow. Now taking a closer look, it looks like the weep was from the elbow or the riser / elbow joint, running down to where the hose connects, and dripping from there into the bilge. So the question is, is there a source for replacing these Osco manifolds / risers / elbows? The right side looks fine (knock on wood!).  Motor is a 350Q with closed cooling.

Thanks,

Jim 

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

do you plan on replacing both risers and elbows? in all my researchthis is the best deal I could find anywhere for a complete set.

http://www.seawaymarine.com/pages/CustomCatalog/Product/15510

I orderded Barr risers, elbows, and mounting kits from Mr Cool Marine Products, total $566 including $49 shipping. It remains to be seen whether I will need another $75 adaptor for the riser-to-manifold connection (Tom Harpur mentioned that).  The risers alone (part no. 20-0039) were $175 compared to around $250 at most other places.

And here's a shout out to Tom Harpur who guided me through this, knowing I probably would not be buying from him due to the cost of shipping these heavy parts from CA to NH.

Damn! That is a good deal!!! Let me know if that kit includes the long mounting studs and PRV adapters. I may order from them and save me almost $500!!!

And yeah, Harpurs prices are a little high. But where he shines is his knowledge and his technical ability. Had a pump rebuilt there twice and he is top notch!

Jim Frens said:

I orderded Barr risers, elbows, and mounting kits from Mr Cool Marine Products, total $566 including $49 shipping. It remains to be seen whether I will need another $75 adaptor for the riser-to-manifold connection (Tom Harpur mentioned that).  The risers alone (part no. 20-0039) were $175 compared to around $250 at most other places.

And here's a shout out to Tom Harpur who guided me through this, knowing I probably would not be buying from him due to the cost of shipping these heavy parts from CA to NH.

My existing setup does not have PRVs on the risers. Only one hose going to each riser, which is the main water line coming from the splitter after the trans cooler. The mounting kits should include all hardware. At least, the photos show them. 

Did you call or have a link? Can't find that kit on their site.

if you meant the entire kit like Seaway has, I don't think there is one. The parts at Mr Cool are

20-0039 riser

20-0035 elbow 

20-0002p mount kit (4 required for 2 risers and 2 elbows)

and possibly one each 1-0012L and 1-0012R

I may also need something to turn the exhaust 45 degrees since it looks like the elbows are adjustable only in 90 degree increments.

Cool I'll check it out.

Just make sure you get a port and starboard riser..they are different part numbers and are different pieces. And you need deflector plates (not sure if that is what they call an end plate).

these parts don't mention port vs. starboard, I guess I'll find out when they get here. Tom didn't mention that either, so I should be ok. The end plate is already on the Osco manifold. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Photo Contest Winner!

See more details in this forum post.

A photo album with all contributions is displayed below in or Photo Album section.

Commander Styling Story

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service