I've searched the Super Disk without finding a similar thread.

My port transmission occasionally slips when accelerating. Usually it only happens once, right at first when I'm heading out. So I immediately back off the throttle, and then when I resume easing her up on plane, it generally doesn't happen again. I have a photo of the stbd. tranny below, but they're identical. Can anyone identify it from the pic? (Shame on me for not getting that info this afternoon!)

I took one of the techs at the yard out for a test drive today and right on demand, it slipped as soon as I went to get up on place. He's going to have a look at it this week but isn't too familiar with Paragons.

I just emailed my tech the two manuals that are in the archives. I also sent him the contact info for 3 of the Marine parts distributors Char posted back in 2013. Any general thoughts as to what might be going on? Of course I'm hoping for the best but bracing myself just in case.

Thank you!

Views: 446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is also similar threads in the SuperDisk and archives online about the Type F. Here's the quick and dirty summary.

When you read your "manuals" remember what year(s) they were published.  You "might find" some Type A still lying around on shelves and thats ok if you want to use it. Remember tho, the people that re build these things today will almost always use the best current fluid available. (Dex-Merc)  One other note. I would never recommend a synthetic unless the trans (Or Engine) is a fresh rebuild. Synthetic should always be from "day one" or you may have seals that start to leak. 

Lee

Glad to help Greg!

Greg Beardmore said:

I'm so happy right now! Last night I checked the fluid level as recommended by Lee and it took over 1/2 qt.! Went up the river this morning for breakfast and no slippage what so ever! That would explain why I found 2 quarts of fluid in the engine room when I started digging last night.

The learning curve is steep, but I'm willing to make the climb!

From the picture I noticed that the pointer was not at neutral. could be that it isn't going all the way into gear unless you push the gear lever hard into forward. It could be a linkage adjustment problem. Dave

Hi Dave,

The photo is actually of the starboard engine and not the one in question. It's just an old photo I had in my files that I posted, so folks could see what type of transmission I'm dealing with.

As I mentioned, I checked the fluid level over the weekend as Lee suggested. Added about 1/2 qt of fluid and whaa-laa, problem solved!

Thanks again Lee! I love this forum!!

Dave Bernard said:

From the picture I noticed that the pointer was not at neutral. could be that it isn't going all the way into gear unless you push the gear lever hard into forward. It could be a linkage adjustment problem. Dave

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Great Aerial Video of a  45 Commander

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service