Greetings,

Is there no way to publicly share my Profile page with non-members? I set my Privacy settings to "Anyone" but I still get a "Please Sign In or Sign Up to see these pages!" when viewing http://commanderclub.com/profile/KaptainKyle in a non-authenticated browser session.

I read the Help guides and searched prior forum threads w/o finding an answer.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kyle,

You are right, there is no way to make your profile at CommanderClub.com visible to other than signed in members.Here is the rationale.

The value of the membership database increases with the amount of information that each member is willing to provide about themselves. It is reasonable to assume that some members are concerned about privacy and therefore are reluctant to provide too much information. It is also safe to assume that such reluctance will increase if the Commander Club would publish members' information on the net visible for anyone. Therefore the Executive Committee decided to make profile information available to signed in members only.

The setting "Anyone" you mention refers to a feature built into our web platform (Ning). This feature make it possible for a member to tag become "friends" with other members on the same site. Friends can share certain information with each other but not with other members on the site. This feature is seldom used at CommanderClub.com since we are focusing on a rather narrow subject and are (relatively speaking) not so many members. I heard of other groups using the Ning platform with 10 000+ members and wide subjects like pop music, politics etc. In these cases the friends feature might be useful.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service