On our 1986 Commander we have an original Raritan Crown C and the motor went up.  Looks like a kit and motor will run about $360-$460 + labor.  I also saw a completely rebuilt Crown C for sale for $495 but it was out of stock.  Are their reputable companies that sell drop in, remanned Crown C heads?

Or.... is there a brand new head that I should consider (raw water - not planning to convert to fresh)?  Something sturdy that is a "drop in replacement to what I have?

As always, thanks for your consideration.

Jeff

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jabsco, has a drop in Electric head new for the 4-500 range complete. One word of note. You might want to build a pedestal because it sits kind LOW.  Ironically, its become more practical to replace than even replace just the motor. I did one on a Romer with two heads. One had a bad motor 360.00 for the motor, the other was just aged out and the entire head complete was 435.00 +-

Price around. Defender, Overtons, Amazon, and West. Remember West will price match even amazon provided the Make and part numbers are identical.

Lee, thanks for the reply.  

Lee H. Dahlen said:

Jabsco, has a drop in Electric head new for the 4-500 range complete. One word of note. You might want to build a pedestal because it sits kind LOW.  Ironically, its become more practical to replace than even replace just the motor. I did one on a Romer with two heads. One had a bad motor 360.00 for the motor, the other was just aged out and the entire head complete was 435.00 +-

Price around. Defender, Overtons, Amazon, and West. Remember West will price match even amazon provided the Make and part numbers are identical.

This looks like the one? 

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/jabsco--compact-electric-toilet--360...

Thanks again.

Lee H. Dahlen said:

Update, I spoke to Jabsco and they suggested the best replacement for a 12 volt Raritan Cown is 

the Jabsco Model # 37010-3092

This is the raw water, 12 volt, macerator... he said all that should be off are the holes for the base.  Thanks again Lee for the lead.

Whatever you pick, Jeff, just make sure you have the appropriate safeguard for the several (and the number is growing) NDZ’s in the Bay. Things like a keyed macerator, external lock on the head, or way to close and disable the thru-hull is a must. Just wanted to make sure you were aware as they take it seriously. We don’t even mess with it and just use the holding tank.

I pulled my monomatic years ago and went with a vacu- flush. Best thing I ever did.

Jim

I’m with you, Jim. I’ve never had a system other than Vacuflush in any boat we’ve owned, and they’ve always been great.

(Knock on wood, please baby, don’t prove me wrong because I said something nice about you!!!)

There's a reason they call it the Muddy Mississippi!

Agree with everyone here.  Replace with new.  I replaced Raritan Crowns with brand new and it was the right choice.  Make sure you replace the head plumbing hoses too.  The boat I'm on currently has the Vaccu-Flush system.  Excellent system.

I can't believe the entire Bay isn't a NDZ. Here on the New England coast, there is no discharge allowed within 3 miles or something of shore.

Matt Cowles said:

Whatever you pick, Jeff, just make sure you have the appropriate safeguard for the several (and the number is growing) NDZ’s in the Bay. Things like a keyed macerator, external lock on the head, or way to close and disable the thru-hull is a must. Just wanted to make sure you were aware as they take it seriously. We don’t even mess with it and just use the holding tank.
It essentially is, Jim given the 3 mile limitation, but there is some kind of permanently designated NDZ that a few areas have and others are in the queue.

Any Time

Jeff Pacy said:

This looks like the one? 

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/jabsco--compact-electric-toilet--360...

Thanks again.

Lee H. Dahlen said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Styled In Fiberglass

For your reading pleasure, the latest issue of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, along with past issues, can you accessed through the link below.

Styled In Fiberglass Issues

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service