has anyone installed a garmin shoot crew haul transducer in a chris craft commander in the bilge area this is a glue in type and did it work well threw the thick haul of the boat???? and thanks for all the input on the draft of my 47 commander

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it gets knocked off the rudders and props will be next within seconds.

Steve said:

The external transom transducer was my first thought, but I'm concerned with it getting knocked off and would prefer to have everything inside the hull.

LOL, i suppose you're right! I was thinking more of kids hanging on the swim platform when they are swimming and kicking it off with their feet. We routinely have 2-8 kids swimming at the back of our boat.

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

If it gets knocked off the rudders and props will be next within seconds.

Steve said:

The external transom transducer was my first thought, but I'm concerned with it getting knocked off and would prefer to have everything inside the hull.

Hi Tim,

I'm wondering how your "shoot through" transducer installation has worked out. I will be hauling out my 47 in early June and I'm facing the same decision issues. I would very much appreciate any feedback from your experience that  you can provide.

John

New Bern,NC

CCC47 #10

It is still the only one on the boat and I find it reliable.  For decision on placement you might do as I did, Fill the intended placement area with water and  compare result to the through hull.  You will want to make the final placement as close to level as possible.  I sanded the area then let the bonding gel fill the slight in-board void.  (as I remember, it was some time ago)

Thanks Tim,

What location did you choose ?

John

It is still the only one on the boat and I find it reliable.  For decision on placement you might do as I did, Fill the intended placement area with water and  compare result to the through hull.  You will want to make the final placement as close to level as possible.  I sanded the area then let the bonding gel fill the slight in-board void.  (as I remember, it was some time ago)

https://tinyurl.com/transducer1and2 from a discussion earlier.  Bear in mind this is the 35 with a 13' beam so there will be some options you may have that are preferable.

Tim

John Nuttall said:

Thanks Tim,

John

Thanks Tim, 

I just realized there are 2 "Tims" in this thread. I thought Tim S, the OP, was responding. Thanks for the link, it opened my eyes to the possibility I may need 2 transponders because of the keel on my 47. Oy!

John

https://tinyurl.com/transducer1and2 from a discussion earlier.  Bear in mind this is the 35 with a 13' beam so there will be some options you may have that are preferable.

Tim

John Nuttall said:

Thanks Tim,

John

Not sure why you would need two, most if not all depth finders will have a setting for keel offset.  One of the bigger boats in our harbor uses a sophisticated unit that has forward and side scanning.  They travel quite a bit up and down the Mississippi.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Styled In Fiberglass

For your reading pleasure, the latest issue of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, along with past issues, can you accessed through the link below.

Styled In Fiberglass Issues

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service