And what a magnificent show she put on!

Today (well tomorrow actually) marks the end of my Chris Craft Commander days. I've just drawn up the bill of sale and forwarded it to the new owner. 

After having her on the market for a few months, I accepted an offer on her today. We will begin looking for a live aboard sized boat in the next few weeks. 

I've had a great time with this boat and I'm very sad to have to let her go. Fortunately the new owner is an older (than me) gentleman who can appreciate her classic lines, has a son who's a mechanic, and has promised to pick up where I left off and take care of her. 

This forum and community has been significantly (if not solely) responsible for my success with this vessel over the last year. Had it not been for your time, effort, responses, and welcoming nature I'm fairly certain I would have failed. I cannot thank you enough for allowing me in, and putting up with my relentless inquiries. The engine maintenance education I gained from you all is priceless, and something that I will always be grateful for. 

I wish all of you the best in your adventures! Who knows, maybe i'll end up with one of the big CC's!

Sincerely,

Christopher

Views: 679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats the satisfaction of owning a classic Commander. Every time we leave the dock people are always giving us a thumbs up or just stopping by to ask what year is that boat? Then proceed to tell a story of their childhood memories of a family member that had a similar Chris Craft.  We took some good friends out for the first time late yesterday afternoon after the storms passed. Enjoyed a sunset and a nice dinner on the boat. Life is Good!

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service