I'd appreciate any advice any one is willing to provide.

Views: 626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like that, my 48 burned that at 10 knots and I was very happy with that.  If I buy it we will have to keep in touch and trade stories about them

Thanks for that! We have that same problem, we have a 1969 38 Commander and a 1958 35Ft Constellation (all original) still   yes we have a problem!  (and boats for sale)   The Connie, its a constant stream of people coming to see her and share stories.  We cant wait to live aboard!  We have 5 kids (2 are out) and the last 3 I think this will be a great way to move them along... yes you can stay home during college but you will have to live aboard too (not a good option lol)    We are in Michigan now and the boat will stay here for the most part.  Where she is now its floating even now in an indoor dock.  It's pretty cool.  There are a few guys that live aboard there year round. The building has ice block doors behind the boat and it's kept 55 degrees in there.  We could go down south but i dont wanna be stuck with no car with all these kids left behind.  Maybe a 5th wheel for winter (I dont know)   Luckily for us, Brian is has his own mobile marine service  (this is why Lee called him when the boat was for sale as he knew Brian would finish her)  So getting things fixed isnt an issue.  We are making sure to teach the youngest son the trade so when Brians too old to get in those holes, or wheel out a 55, Timmy can take over!  I have a blog on here about the transformation.  Work in progress but excited about the dream becoming and reality! 

Here is the link to Brian and Dawn Stone's work on the 55 Commander

http://commanderclub.com/profiles/blog/list?user=0rgbk65t3jd3q

Brian and Dawn Stone said:

Thanks for that! We have that same problem, we have a 1969 38 Commander and a 1958 35Ft Constellation (all original) still   yes we have a problem!  (and boats for sale)   The Connie, its a constant stream of people coming to see her and share stories.  We cant wait to live aboard!  We have 5 kids (2 are out) and the last 3 I think this will be a great way to move them along... yes you can stay home during college but you will have to live aboard too (not a good option lol)    We are in Michigan now and the boat will stay here for the most part.  Where she is now its floating even now in an indoor dock.  It's pretty cool.  There are a few guys that live aboard there year round. The building has ice block doors behind the boat and it's kept 55 degrees in there.  We could go down south but i dont wanna be stuck with no car with all these kids left behind.  Maybe a 5th wheel for winter (I dont know)   Luckily for us, Brian is has his own mobile marine service  (this is why Lee called him when the boat was for sale as he knew Brian would finish her)  So getting things fixed isnt an issue.  We are making sure to teach the youngest son the trade so when Brians too old to get in those holes, or wheel out a 55, Timmy can take over!  I have a blog on here about the transformation.  Work in progress but excited about the dream becoming and reality! 

I read your blog and saw your pictures quite a project you have on your hands.  The finished product will be well worth the effort, I will continue to follow your progress and wish you smooth sailing all the way.

thank you.... we think so.  I just wanted to share this big job for one to let people know it's possible! and partly to journal it for ourselves   makes it much more to appreciate what you have when you can see where you have been!   Its fun for us, passion for my husband saving these old Commanders and CC in general..  We love also teaching our kids that you dont have to have the newest thing,  Work on something, love it, save it and you can also make a little money having some skills    

I like your idea and the values you are giving your children.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Great Aerial Video of a  45 Commander

© 2017   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service