I am now the proud owner of a port side 427 with a cracked cylinder... so I'm looking for a replacement.  If you have one, or know of one, please let me know.

Thanks!

Chris
1967 42 Commader
"What If..."

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those may be 427s or they may be 390s. All components will bolt up to either block--but the blocks are way different. The 390 block is often used as a 427 substitute when one cannot find a 427 one--Jasper does the switch when they need a ''427''. Also those engines are raw water cooled -- that may be OK depending on where they have been used.

I can’t speak to whether they’re 390’s or 427’s but up here in Michigan raw water engines last indefinitely as long as you don’t freeze crack them. It’s worth a phone call

Al Edwards said:

Those may be 427s or they may be 390s. All components will bolt up to either block--but the blocks are way different. The 390 block is often used as a 427 substitute when one cannot find a 427 one--Jasper does the switch when they need a ''427''. Also those engines are raw water cooled -- that may be OK depending on where they have been used.

Very sorry to hear this, Chris!  What happened?  Good luck with the search.  I've seen a fair number of engines out there, so hopefully you can find a good block to build up from. 

buy these 427'S for $15k and get the rest of the boat for free

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/d/42-chris-craft-command...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Registration Is Open!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

What: 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 27 - 29, 2018

Learn everything you need to know about the 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous by clicking the link below (You can register here too!!):

2018 Rendezvous Site

Chris-Craft Commander Club YouTube Channel

In an effort to expand the video sharing for the club, we have built a YouTube Channel. We hope you enjoy watching the wonderful videos our members have chosen to share.    

Click Here To Learn More

© 2018   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service