DISCUSSION FORUM (3,980)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chief Commander

GullWing Controls Rechrome?? Or Replace??

So we all know the Beloved Gullwing Controls (see attached) that were original on some Commanders (Lower helms) are no longer made. They ar…

Started by Lee H Dahlen

3 Mar 6, 2013
Reply by von Hofsten Alarik

Alternate Material For Vibration Dampeners

Hi everyone! I've been working on replacing my rear motor mounts for some time because the threads were in pretty bad shape on the vertical…

Started by H. Stephen G. Burt

3 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by H. Stephen G. Burt

Chief Commander

Canvas.. to Replace or to Renew.

Captains, I'm always about saving money. Who isn't? So I'm going to drop a little secret in on you. Sunbrella Material is a synthetic fiber…

Started by Lee H Dahlen

3 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by Marcia Elkins

water tank in a 47

I have looked top to bottom, front to back for the water storage tank in my 1967 47ft commander. I think it may be removed. There is a shel…

Started by Russell Madden

12 Mar 4, 2013
Reply by Edward "Ed" STONE

Torsional Loads on Prop Shafts and Crank Shafts

I was thinking of this last night. I have read  that you do not want to put a CW rotation crankshaft into a CCW rotation engine. I believe…

Started by Brian Barton

2 Mar 3, 2013
Reply by Lee H Dahlen

47 Commander FBMY

Does anyone know why these are never stabilized? I am looking to move up and will be using Her in S Fla and the Bahamas. Thanks James

Started by James Sattler

2 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by Sean and Laurie Nelson

Pertronix Ignition

I have Pertronix ignition for the Chev 350's in the boat.  I also have stock coils.  I am wondering what spark plug gap I should be using? …

Started by JP Duda

5 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Quentin

Water pressure from the strainer to the water pump.

I am looking for any suggestions regarding the following delima. The water pressure from the strainer to the water pump is very low. When y…

Started by Philip J McBride

10 Feb 28, 2013
Reply by Rob Schiller

2013 St. Clair River Regional Rendezvous Registration is now open.

Ahoy CCCC Members, Registration for the 2013 Regional Rendezvous is now open. With boating season just around the corner there is an event…

Started by Brian Barton

0 Feb 28, 2013

Seacock Removal

Anyone have any great ideas for removing an old and seized up seacock?  The offender was originally the overboard pumpout for the head.  It…

Started by Mike Schrage

7 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Dick Morland

RSS

Club News

2019 Regional Rendezvous Hosts Wanted

Are you yearning for a little fix for Commander-itis?

Would you like to meet other Commander owners in your area?

Do you have a great idea for a Commander gathering on or off the water?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have just the remedy for you: We encourage you to think about hosting, or, indicating your interest in hosting a Regional Rendezvous in your area in 2019.

For more information about hosting - click here:

Hosting A Rendezvous

Char Pike has volunteered to be the EC “Point Person” for 2019 Regional Rendezvous. Please contact Char if you are interested in organizing & holding a Regional Rendezvous in your area. Char’s e-mail address is rendezvous.commanderclub@gmail.com

Help Wanted!!!

New Faces, New Perspectives - Executive Committee Openings to start in January 2020

Would you like to be more active in the Commander Club? Would you like to help chart our course? Are you willing to commit the time, energy and creativity needed to assist us in promoting and supporting our mission?

We are searching for new faces and new perspectives. Positions start in January 2020 for a two year term.

There are four positions available. Chief Commander, Treasurer, Public Relations Chair and Membership Chair.

Duties for each position are located in the bylaws https://commanderclub.com/page/bylaws

More details about each position here.

The Executive Committee (EC) convenes monthly via conference call. Meetings typically last 90 minutes or less. Most work done via e-mail. Each job has its own time commitment depending on club activities. Current EC members will mentor you.

Interested in any of these positions?

Please drop Char Pike an e-mail at archivist.commanderclub@gmail.com

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

© 2019   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service