Hello Fellow Enthusiasts

I'm in need of a replacement mast for my '78 410 Commander.

I've checked with the folks at:

• TheMarineConnection.com
  • Chris-Parts.com
  • Chris-Craft-Parts.com
  • eBay
  • Craig's List
  • Other internet sites

Wondering if anyone here in the community has any ideas?

Thanks!

PS: The girl is fine. The mast took an unfortunate hit. :-o

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are hard to find given the vintage of our boats.  They do show up on eBay from time to time and some have made their own out of Wood and I've seen an Aluminum version (not tapered) also.  Is it possible to repair the current one? or is it gone away permanently? 

Looks like this picture was taken in Belmont Harbor (Chicago)?......... I dock there as well over on F Dock.

Hi Greg

Good to meet you! We are over on H-Dock. Do you have Chris Craft over on F dock?

Yes I'm finding out they are hard to find. So the damage happened up in Wisconsin when the boat was put in for winter storage. I haven't seen the extent yet to know if it can be repaired or not.

Might have to have one fabricated. Hmmm

Greg Gajcak said:

These are hard to find given the vintage of our boats.  They do show up on eBay from time to time and some have made their own out of Wood and I've seen an Aluminum version (not tapered) also.  Is it possible to repair the current one? or is it gone away permanently? 

Looks like this picture was taken in Belmont Harbor (Chicago)?......... I dock there as well over on F Dock.

I belive that mast is made out of fiberglass and can be repaired and repainted which i've done  before for a 41. They are a left and right  side made in a mold then glassed together. Unless it was completely destroyed just fix it. Even if it's made of wood just fix it.  It's painted anyway. Finding another in the condition you want it to be will be hard.

I run my 1973 410 without the mast. The guy wires just get in the way.

John

I agree the girl looks mighty fine.

Punchlist

I have a mast off a 38 Caviler. it has 2 stainless pipes with wood in between with anchor light on top. I also have hardware for the mast where the wings come off. it is chrome plated bronze. I have a few other parts as well but not sure I'll have to dig them out. You can call me direct @ 609-412-6767 Dave

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Spring 2019 Styled In Fiberglass is now available!!

The Chris-Craft Commander Club publishes it's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, twice a year and the 2019 Spring issue is now available for download.  Click here for more details and to download this issue.

Help Wanted!!!

New Faces, New Perspectives - Executive Committee Openings to start in January 2020

Would you like to be more active in the Commander Club? Would you like to help chart our course? Are you willing to commit the time, energy and creativity needed to assist us in promoting and supporting our mission?

We are searching for new faces and new perspectives. Positions start in January 2020 for a two year term.

There are four positions available. Chief Commander, Treasurer, Public Relations Chair and Membership Chair.

Duties for each position are located in the bylaws https://commanderclub.com/page/bylaws

More details about each position here.

The Executive Committee (EC) convenes monthly via conference call. Meetings typically last 90 minutes or less. Most work done via e-mail. Each job has its own time commitment depending on club activities. Current EC members will mentor you.

Interested in any of these positions?

Please drop Char Pike an e-mail at archivist.commanderclub@gmail.com

SuperDisc 14.0 and Resource Collection 4.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 14.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 14.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 14.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 13.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 4.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 4.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 187 folders and 2,563 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc14.0 and/or Resource Collection 4.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4000 members in 2019.

To order now click here!

© 2019   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service