2020 National Commander Club Rendezvous Postponed

Due to current circumstances this year, we as your executive committee have decided to postpone the 2020 National Rendezvous until 2021. Though the meet is still 3 months away things are very dynamic currently. We weighed all the potential issues as well as possible unknowns in coming to the decision that next year will likely be the best option for all of us to have the best Rendezvous experience.

Any members who have already paid for the Rendezvous registration will be reimbursed. Algonac Harbour Club has indicated to us that reservation fees will be useable for a year. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your understanding. We certainly are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

What we have decided to do this year is leave open the possibility of an impromptu get together among fellow Commander owners the same weekend of July 24th through the 26th at Algonac Harbour Club. This would be an informal gathering with no specific events. Setting up dockage/ cancelling would be your responsibility. This will obviously greatly depend of the current circumstances when the time comes. It would just be a chance for fellow boaters to get together for a good time. 

Rendezvous Questions – rendezvous.commanderclub@gmail.com

Dockage Questions - Algonac Harbour Club  Phone 810-794-4448

Mike Hagler

Chief Commander

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike - thanks for making that very tough decision. Better to make the hard call now, so we all have time to change plans. 

Have a great summer,

John Scanlon

Totally agree.  Thumbs up to the executive committee for making the tough but right call. 

Don

Sorely going to miss this one as it was in my own backyard. Although, I am totally confused as to the difference between a formal get together and an informal get together? There are no reasons that we can't conduct a safe rendezvous. On one hand I understand the fear our media and Governor have promoted and the incorrect numbers that they are going by. The statistics are all wrong. The number of deaths vs survivors is very skewed as we find that only people who were admitted to hospitals are in the 40,000 number for Michigan. How many survived that did not need hospitalization and were never tested? Also, why do they promote the number of deaths but not the number of discharged survivors? Also, they do not tell you the number of deaths by co-morbidity. A high percentage of the people dying have other issues as well, obesity, age and other symptoms.

I have been frontline during this mess as a supplier. I have had the virus, it was nasty,  survived and have been tested for anti-bodies, which I have and I plan on donating blood to help others survive. BTW, I am not part of the statistics because I was never diagnosed with COVID as there was no test then and I did not go to a hospital.  I have helped the TCF Center (COBO Convention Center) convert to a 1000 bed hospital for the tune of 9.5 million of your tax dollars only to turn around and only accept a total of 34 patients in the end. Currently they are dismantling 500 of the beds for lack of use. This did nothing to relieve the hospitals of their overwhelming number of patients. But, now most Hospitals are reopening floors for Ambulatory services as the incoming patients are winding down.

I'm not going to say that there was not a Pandemic, but I am going to say that there was no need for the economic shut down of an entire country. I truly believe that that a good percentage of this has been politicized by both parties and they should be ashamed. 

Personally I say the show must go on and I refuse to live in fear. 

Dear Doug,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings and experiences.  We appreciate all of your efforts on the frontline!

What we meant by informal:  Those with boats who have dockage reserved could still choose go to the marina that weekend but the Commander Club would not have any planned activities.  If you still plan on going, let others know by doing a new forum post.

Planning for a national event requires a lot of lead time.  We have many who travel from around the country.  The EC had many factors to consider and heard from a variety of members. 

Wishing you well in the days ahead. 

Douglas Bidigare said:

Sorely going to miss this one as it was in my own backyard. Although, I am totally confused as to the difference between a formal get together and an informal get together? There are no reasons that we can't conduct a safe rendezvous. On one hand I understand the fear our media and Governor have promoted and the incorrect numbers that they are going by. The statistics are all wrong. The number of deaths vs survivors is very skewed as we find that only people who were admitted to hospitals are in the 40,000 number for Michigan. How many survived that did not need hospitalization and were never tested? Also, why do they promote the number of deaths but not the number of discharged survivors? Also, they do not tell you the number of deaths by co-morbidity. A high percentage of the people dying have other issues as well, obesity, age and other symptoms.

I have been frontline during this mess as a supplier. I have had the virus, it was nasty,  survived and have been tested for anti-bodies, which I have and I plan on donating blood to help others survive. BTW, I am not part of the statistics because I was never diagnosed with COVID as there was no test then and I did not go to a hospital.  I have helped the TCF Center (COBO Convention Center) convert to a 1000 bed hospital for the tune of 9.5 million of your tax dollars only to turn around and only accept a total of 34 patients in the end. Currently they are dismantling 500 of the beds for lack of use. This did nothing to relieve the hospitals of their overwhelming number of patients. But, now most Hospitals are reopening floors for Ambulatory services as the incoming patients are winding down.

I'm not going to say that there was not a Pandemic, but I am going to say that there was no need for the economic shut down of an entire country. I truly believe that that a good percentage of this has been politicized by both parties and they should be ashamed. 

Personally I say the show must go on and I refuse to live in fear. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

6th Annual CCCC Photo Contest Winners

1st Place: Mark Struebing, Michigan USA       Model:  1969 35 Sports Cruiser

2nd Place:   Kristian & Jacqueline, Illinois, US             Model:  1967 27' Commander Custom

3rd place:  Dawn Stone, Michigan, US                     Model:  1970 55' Commander

SuperDisc 15.0 and Resource Collection 5.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 15.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 15.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 15.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 14.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 5.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 5.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 193 folders and 2,697 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc15.0 and/or Resource Collection 5.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4400 members in 2020.

To order now click here!

© 2020   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service