Hello, I am looking at what is called a 1980 Chris Craft 410. I can find no HIN or original Chris Craft hull numbers in the usual places. I found some paperwork that listed #223. I can't find a cross reference to confirm the model year. It does have the original Chris Craft 454s with consecutive engine serial numbers. The Documentation number in the bilge looks like it has been altered and comes up as invalid when searched online. Any suggestions on how to find the actual model and year? Thanks 

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BTW the tags are not the same ID number that's glassed in the anchor locker

Here's what the glassed in ID looks like on my 66...

Interesting, it does not have the letter at the end indicating place of manufacture. Do you have the archive hull card?

When I brought my 27 from NH to NC, they eventually accepted my non-standard hull ID (they prefer the 1980+ format).

p.s. a 1966 CC would never have had a hull number on the transom, they didn't start doing that until around 1980.  I'm guessing your previous owner couldn't find a hull number, or Ohio wouldn't accept the hull number, so he ordered the replacement tags from the state of Ohio. 

This boat is throwing up a lot of red flags. 

The HIN number is missing from the transom, a violation of Federal regs.

The Documentation number has been altered, a violation of Federal regs.

The vessel has been painted.

Somebody has made a concerted effort to hide this boats history and alter it's appearance. I would cross this one off the list and move on. While it has been pointed out that this boat may have been stolen, I would be more concerned that it is a salvage boat that someone is trying to unload.

Yes Jim, you're right, I found a letter from ODNR to the previous owner. New Ohio law effective July 4 2002, all watercraft must have the 12 digit HID after transfer of ownership. They recalled the title and made the tags. Don't mean to hijack Gary's thread but that might be right around 1980 before no tag on stern? The altering of the numbers sounds fishy though.

I just remembered where I saw the hin on our 41 it's a 79 one is located in the standard place on the transom and the second one is located on the port aluminum engine mount stamped into the top of it between the front and rear engine mounts very easy to locate and see

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Algonac 2020 Rendezvous - Start making dockage reservations now

If you are planning to attend by boat, please make your well reservation soon. The marina contacted us to say they are ready to take your call.

What: 2020 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When: July 24 – 26, 2020

Where: Algonac Harbour Club, Algonac, MI Located on the St. Clair River

Algonac Harbour Club

Please call the marina to make a reservation.

Phone 810-794-4448

SuperDisc 15.0 and Resource Collection 5.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 15.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 15.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 15.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 14.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 5.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 5.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 193 folders and 2,697 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc15.0 and/or Resource Collection 5.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4400 members in 2020.

To order now click here!

Fall Edition of Styled In Fiberglass Available here!

The Fall 2019 Edition of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, is now available for your reading pleasure.  Click here to download this and past issues.

2019 Annual Photo Contest Winners

Sixty-Eight photos were submitted for this year's contest.  They were absolutely amazing, making selecting a top 3 an extremely difficult task for your Executive Committee

Thank you to all that submitted a photo to the contest and even if your photo was not in the top 3, it could appear on a cover of Styled In Fiberglass, the club's newsletter due out in November, or the 2020 Wall Calendars, which are now available.

2019 Photo Contest Winners

Past Photo Contest Winners

2019 Photo Contest Entries

© 2020   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service