Boat name. My first after owning boats for more than 30 years.

I have owned a number of boats over the last thirty years. Most did not have a name or I simply left the name that was already on them. The 1968 Commander I purchased a while ago had the name on the sides printed on removable plaques which the previous owner kept, Amber Rose. Nothing was on the transom.

For many years this boat was named The B.A.R. Bruce, if you are out there contact me.

Attached is a photo of the graphics installed earlier this week. I am the bass player in the band Mojo Road.

Hopefully I get the boat in the water soon!IMG_8830.jpg

Views: 193

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve,

Looks good! I am one of the few that knows where Pipe is, spent many days across the river at the old scout camp. When winter camping we were able to cross the river (on the ice) and go to the minor bar (that did not check ID"s). By the way are you related to Bob Riley from Fond Du Lac?

Dan Stokely

Ah yes, Pipe... just south of Calumetville. We used to keep our sailboat at High Cliff Marina on the north end of Lake Winnebago many years ago, before moving north to the bay of Green Bay. I really hope they reopen the lock system on the Fox River someday. I'd love to take a week some summer and run from Green Bay to Lake Winnebago. We'd then tour all the ports on the lake... maybe run into you at Calumet Harbor! 

Hoping you splash her soon, it's a short season up here in the Frozen Tundra!

Greg

The minor bar building was tore down years ago. There is a park where the camp was. Some day I need to follow the hiking trail to get to the area the camp was at.  I do not know Bob Riley.  I have lived or worked in the area for over 50 years, surprised I have not heard the name before.

Dan Stokely said:

Steve,

Looks good! I am one of the few that knows where Pipe is, spent many days across the river at the old scout camp. When winter camping we were able to cross the river (on the ice) and go to the minor bar (that did not check ID"s). By the way are you related to Bob Riley from Fond Du Lac?

Dan Stokely

Hello Greg,

It would be great if they could get the locks open.  A huge amount of work and money has been put into fixing them up.  I think there are only two left to repair and then the DNR and Gobey issue.

Greg Beardmore said:

Ah yes, Pipe... just south of Calumetville. We used to keep our sailboat at High Cliff Marina on the north end of Lake Winnebago many years ago, before moving north to the bay of Green Bay. I really hope they reopen the lock system on the Fox River someday. I'd love to take a week some summer and run from Green Bay to Lake Winnebago. We'd then tour all the ports on the lake... maybe run into you at Calumet Harbor! 

Hoping you splash her soon, it's a short season up here in the Frozen Tundra!

Greg

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

WANTED: National Chris-Craft Commander Club Rendezvous Hosts!!

A National Rendezvous is a gathering of club members and their beloved Commanders. It is a great place to see some beautiful boats, make new friends and catch-up with old friends. It is always interesting to see what is different on the same model boat and a great place to get ideas, tips & tricks.

If you would like to host a rendezvous, the Executive Committee will assist you with ideas, registration, and anything else you might need.  

If your marina, or a marina near you, could house additional boats for a weekend and if you have several Commanders in your area, we encourage you to consider hosting a rendezvous.

Please contact Char Pike, at rendezvous.commanderclub@gmail.com, with your questions.

To see information on past rendezvous, Click Here

Help Wanted!!!

New Faces, New Perspectives - Executive Committee Openings to start in January 2020

Would you like to be more active in the Commander Club? Would you like to help chart our course? Are you willing to commit the time, energy and creativity needed to assist us in promoting and supporting our mission?

We are searching for new faces and new perspectives. Positions start in January 2020 for a two year term.

There are four positions available. Chief Commander, Treasurer, Public Relations Chair and Membership Chair.

Duties for each position are located in the bylaws https://commanderclub.com/page/bylaws

More details about each position here.

The Executive Committee (EC) convenes monthly via conference call. Meetings typically last 90 minutes or less. Most work done via e-mail. Each job has its own time commitment depending on club activities. Current EC members will mentor you.

Interested in any of these positions?

Please drop Char Pike an e-mail at archivist.commanderclub@gmail.com

SuperDisc 14.0 and Resource Collection 4.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 14.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 14.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 14.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 13.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 4.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 4.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 187 folders and 2,563 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc14.0 and/or Resource Collection 4.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4000 members in 2019.

To order now click here!

© 2019   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service