does ant one know the draft on a 47 foot commander hard top boat

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looking to take my first intercostal trip from denton n carolina to stuart and then across okeechobee water way any thoughts or suggestions

About 4 feet.

Go with Chris number but in the files it says 38" without being specific to model.

http://commanderclub.com/page/47-commander

Here, this will give you an idea.

Confusing...My 410 page says 3’ 3”, which tracks with my own measurements. It doesn’t make sense a 47’ would draw an inch less, it’s such a heavier boat. Perhaps it should have read 3’ 8”?  I’ve seen it listed as 38” in CC brochures too, so who knows I guess.

Bruno

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

Go with Chris number but in the files it says 38" without being specific to model.

http://commanderclub.com/page/47-commander

Weight is not the only thing to consider when calculating draft.  It's also how the hull is shaped.  A telephone pole on it's side draws 6 inches, up right it draws 12 feet.

Think of the weight on a work barge that's long and wide and loaded with backhoes and a crane.  It only draws a couple of feet.

-Darin

The earlier 41's had a slightly deeper keel than the 410's, the listed draft difference was 1" but if you put the two side by side on the hard they look significantly different, could be lower hull shape?

I was up at my boat today and I measured my friends 47 -- 53" from the water line to the bottom of the prop 

That’s right about what mine draws too.

Do you gentlemen feel that a 47 drafts 53 inches can I get threw the inter coastal water way from Edenton North Carolina to Stuart Florida then cut across the canal to okacheebe to fort meyers

Yeah, that’s right around 4 feet, really not that much for a boat this size, you have at least that much in most or all of the ICW. Just watch your depth gauge and slow down when it gets shallow.

Thanks are you familiar with cutting across Florida threw lake okachobee water way and connecting canals can I make it with this draft of 53 inched

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Regional Rendezvous Hosts Wanted

Are you yearning for a little fix for Commander-itis?

Would you like to meet other Commander owners in your area?

Do you have a great idea for a Commander gathering on or off the water?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have just the remedy for you: We encourage you to think about hosting, or, indicating your interest in hosting a Regional Rendezvous in your area in 2019.

For more information about hosting - click here:

Hosting A Rendezvous

Char Pike has volunteered to be the EC “Point Person” for 2019 Regional Rendezvous. Please contact Char if you are interested in organizing & holding a Regional Rendezvous in your area. Char’s e-mail address is rendezvous.commanderclub@gmail.com

Help Wanted!!!

New Faces, New Perspectives - Executive Committee Openings to start in January 2020

Would you like to be more active in the Commander Club? Would you like to help chart our course? Are you willing to commit the time, energy and creativity needed to assist us in promoting and supporting our mission?

We are searching for new faces and new perspectives. Positions start in January 2020 for a two year term.

There are four positions available. Chief Commander, Treasurer, Public Relations Chair and Membership Chair.

Duties for each position are located in the bylaws https://commanderclub.com/page/bylaws

More details about each position here.

The Executive Committee (EC) convenes monthly via conference call. Meetings typically last 90 minutes or less. Most work done via e-mail. Each job has its own time commitment depending on club activities. Current EC members will mentor you.

Interested in any of these positions?

Please drop Char Pike an e-mail at archivist.commanderclub@gmail.com

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

© 2019   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service