MaiTide has been running well for 4 plus years until last month.  Now Stb. engine turns over well but does not start. Replaced coil. Want to run some checks on fuel system, but don't know where the fuel pumps are located.  Any suggestions? Thanks

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jerry - there are a couple different varieties of anti-siphon valves. If you go to west marine and search for one, you’ll see the most common/modern. Looks like a regular threaded hose barb, but has a ball and spring inside it. A clogged one cause me to lose practically all fuel pressure on one of my engines this summer.
Matt. I followed the gas lines from large filter going aft to starboard and port fuel tanks. I don't believe this Chris has any anti siphon valves. At least none I could identify. There is nothing in either line from filter to tank except a brass looking "tee shaped fitting, with on off valve, entering into tanks and right at the tanks surface. Thanks for the tip.

Engine fired right up after adjusting cap contact point inside distributor. Thanks to all for help. Glad I didnt have pull any !@%&*ing fuel pumps.

Captain   Williams  ........ If you have the original fuel tanks the anti -siphon setup design is inside the fuel tank .  It is a .007 size brass carb  jet screwed into the fuel line  assembly that works perfect with no ball / spring design to clog .  If you convert to electric fuel pumps you must block off / remove  that assembly or you will have fuel starvation issues  /  lean condition  .

Tim  /  with mighty 427`s 

-----------------------------------

Jerry, glad to hear you did not have to replace fuel pumps but remember to tap the weep holes on both pumps (can be done while pumps are on engines) and screw in a hose barb.  Run fuel line from barbs up to your carburetors to insure you have no leaking gas or gas mist going into your bilge when your diaphragms do eventually fail.

Thanks,

Dave Wilson 42' Commander "Valhalla"

Again thanks to all who helped solve this ignition problem. Turns out I was wrong for choosing fuel over fire in solving. And thanks to Tim and Dave for the insight on fuel (anti siphon and weep) on the fuel side.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Wall Calendars Now Available!!

The Chris-Craft Commander Club 2019 Wall Calendar is now available!!.  We're having to do things a little differently this year, so for calendar details & ordering, Click Here

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2019   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service