What is the original AMPS for the main Ships fuse located in engine room on the fire wall forward the port engine

Views: 467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are talking about the main A/C breaker, what is the power cord size? It will be either 30 or 50 amps depending on that.

Billy K.

It is the main Ships Service buss fuse for DC electrical system.

The buss fuse should match the service rating. My boat has two 30A shore power connections running to two 30A service panels, so I have two 30A main breakers. What does your boat have for shore power connections? two 30's or a single 50?
Also, The amp rating should be stamped on the end of the fuse. If there is any question, pull the fuse and take it to an electrical supply dealer. They should be able to tell you the rating. Breaker/fuse amperage is tied to wire gauge, which should also be stamped on the wires feeding the fuse box. Remember this circuit is live if the shore power is plugged in.
Do you know what caused this fuse to blow?

There is something not adding up here. A boat that was made in 1987 would not have a main fuse. The dc side would not have a fuse in the engine room. A picture would help, but may not be enough info. What doesn't work that this fuse controls?

Billy K.

How do I attach a photo to this forum post.

On the top of the box where you type your message click on the second icon from the left - the one to the right of the link icon and follow the directions.

Rebecca G Reeves said:

How do I attach a photo to this forum post.

There is stored on the vessel a hand full of buss fuses with different amps  ranging from 50 to 150 amps.

The fuse,  when out , cuts off all DC lights, pumps, blowers, pumps etc....

All I want to know is what amp was the original buss fuse installed by Chris Craft ?

The fuse in question is mounted behind the shown label "SHIPS SERVICE" in photo.

Thanks,

Capt.  Jeremiah 

Up to now no one has volunteered the original fuse size. What is the wire size and we can begin to give an approximate fuse amperage. My guess is this is an add on, but others would know that for sure. It looks like 1 awg wire which will hold a 150 amp fuse depending on the length of wire to the device. I have a 77 45' and there is nothing like this on my boat. Is there a fuse to each ships service and winch? I would start with a 100 amp fuse and see if that would hold it, if it is 1 awg wire.

Billy K.

Hello Jeremiah

I googled Bussman fuse 1A8148 and came across a post on this sight from September 13, 2015. His fuses also had HSK-150 on the label indicating a 150 Amp fuse. It was posted by William (Bruno) Millonig  along with pictures which closely resemble your set up. You can read 1 AWG on the wire coming out of the top of your fuse box which is rated for 150A. His fuses were also rated for a maximum of 32 volts which means this circuit draws power off the ships batteries. Hope this helps. 

Yep, mine protected the windlass, not the main DC system.  One of the tabs  came off so even if i found the fuse, I couldn't reattach.

So in the end, I replaced it with a breaker like this.

I have a 1985 CC 422 and the old fuse in question that was on my boat was rated for 70 amps marked on the copper fuse top. I have replaced the fuse and holder with a blue seas product that uses the flat style fuse links. I don't have a picture of the new fuse block only the old one attached.

Joe Signorelli

1985 CC 422

Barbara Ann

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Regional Rendezvous Hosts Wanted

Are you yearning for a little fix for Commander-itis?

Would you like to meet other Commander owners in your area?

Do you have a great idea for a Commander gathering on or off the water?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have just the remedy for you: We encourage you to think about hosting, or, indicating your interest in hosting a Regional Rendezvous in your area in 2019.

For more information about hosting - click here:

Hosting A Rendezvous

Char Pike has volunteered to be the EC “Point Person” for 2019 Regional Rendezvous. Please contact Char if you are interested in organizing & holding a Regional Rendezvous in your area. Char’s e-mail address is rendezvous.commanderclub@gmail.com

Help Wanted!!!

New Faces, New Perspectives - Executive Committee Openings to start in January 2020

Would you like to be more active in the Commander Club? Would you like to help chart our course? Are you willing to commit the time, energy and creativity needed to assist us in promoting and supporting our mission?

We are searching for new faces and new perspectives. Positions start in January 2020 for a two year term.

There are four positions available. Chief Commander, Treasurer, Public Relations Chair and Membership Chair.

Duties for each position are located in the bylaws https://commanderclub.com/page/bylaws

More details about each position here.

The Executive Committee (EC) convenes monthly via conference call. Meetings typically last 90 minutes or less. Most work done via e-mail. Each job has its own time commitment depending on club activities. Current EC members will mentor you.

Interested in any of these positions?

Please drop Char Pike an e-mail at archivist.commanderclub@gmail.com

SuperDisc 14.0 and Resource Collection 4.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 14.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 14.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 14.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 13.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 4.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 4.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 187 folders and 2,563 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc14.0 and/or Resource Collection 4.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4000 members in 2019.

To order now click here!

© 2019   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service