What is the original AMPS for the main Ships fuse located in engine room on the fire wall forward the port engine

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trying to add attachment, Joe Signorelli

Hi Joe,  The upload files feature may not work.  To post a photo:  On the top of the box where you type your message click on the second icon from the left - the one to the right of the link icon and follow the directions.

Joe Signorelli said:

Trying to add attachment, Joe Signorelli

Something to check - the source wire can be seen in the image as 1 AWG, but the wire the fuse is protecting (with the the red tape) is unknown (it looks similar, but who knows). I would verify the wire gauge of this load wire. The fuse rating needs to match the wire it's protecting.

Thanks for the help. I am off the vessel for a few days and will l post when I can identify the wire. 

Here is a more complete poto of the wire setup

this is the Blue Seas replacement fuse block.

Joe Signorelli

1985 CC 422

Joe your attachment is not getting to me.

you are welcome to email me:   jacatash@gmail.com

Joe Signorelli said:

this is the Blue Seas replacement fuse block.

Joe Signorelli

1985 CC 422

Something does not seem right with this picture. The battery selector is being fed by one side of a parallel solenoid that then goes back into the selector and the fuse box. I can't figure out what is going on inside the fuse box, but it then appears to go to the ships service fuse. From the ships service fuse it goes out to under the solenoid. There are too many unanswered questions. Where is the wire that goes to the winch? What does the ships service wire feed? How far away is the ships service distribution panel. How does the battery parallel switch work when it is closed? Why is the fuse no good, did it blow? You should have someone look at this setup before you use it, but if I'm missing something and everything seems ok, I would put a smaller size fuse in and see if it will hold. Maybe start with a 50 amp if you have one.  

Billy K.

Bill

• the fuse did blow when I was replacing the forward bilge pump and dropped the wire harness in the water in the bilge.
  • the fuse was a 100 amp buss 
  • I replaces with another 100 amp fuse
  •  all DC seems to be ok

However, I was trying to see if there was another 1987 with the same set-up and what did Chris Craft intend the original amps to be.

• the winch power is to the windless for the anchor(about 25' away.
  • the parallel for the batteries has never worked properly.
  • the DC power from the picture goes to power the DC panel of breakers in the main salon, about 15 feet away.

? GO Figure ?

Hi  Rebecca,

When the wire harness fell into the water, it should have only blown the forward bilge pump breaker, not the main 100A fuse. It makes me think that is a problem that should be addressed. As Steve said the wire at the bottom of the fuse box that goes to the breaker panel is the wire that will tell us what size fuse you can use.  Replacing the 100 with another 100 is possibly ok, but to be sure more information is needed and I would worry about why the pump breaker didn't trip. I don't know the original fuse size, sometimes you can get that information from the Mariner's Museum. I'm also missing how the top part marked winch is connected as there is no visible wire leaving that area of the box. You also need to have the parallel solenoid looked at as activating it could also add to your problems.

Billy K.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

2019 Wall Calendars Now Available!!

The Chris-Craft Commander Club 2019 Wall Calendar is now available!!.  We're having to do things a little differently this year, so for calendar details & ordering, Click Here

2018 Photo Contest Winner

The 4th Annual Chris-Craft Commander Club Photo Contest had more than 50 entries and selecting the winners was not an easy task. 

First place: submitted by Pat Chaps

Second place: submitted by Martin Krall;

Third place: submitted by Jeff Pacy.

To view all entries to this year's contest,         Click Here

The 2018 Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous is in the books and it was a great time!!

City of Mentor, Ohio

The city of Mentor, Ohio and the Lawnfield Inn & Suites were wonderful hosts.  A special Thanks to Rob Kneen, the local member sponsor, and Char Pike for the hours of hard work put in organizing and coordinating an amazing weekend. 

The Rendezvous Photo Albums can be accessed through the links below, as well as, under Library, Photo Albums.  We will continue to add links to other albums as they become available. Also below, you will find links to a couple articles written for the local newspaper.

Photo Album 1                 Photo Album 2  

Photo Album 3

Articles:

Chris-Craft Commander Club Celebrates Anniversary in Mentor

Chris-Craft Commander connoisseurs congregate at Mentor Lagoons Marina

© 2019   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service