Good evening, hope you are doing well. I am looking for a source for parts for the two bilge pumps in the rear of my 42. When I bought the boat those pumps did not work, so I added a small 800gpm pump temporarily in their place. Both pumps are in place, but one motor is missing, do any of you know a source for parts for them?

Thank you! 

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have sourced motors for the original pump from Grainger. but it seems the prices must reflect Chinese importation tariffs.  You could almost buy a water pressure pump and either salvage the motor or use it as the bilge pump. I use a water supply pump for my fwd bilge pump with an in-line strainer between it and the pump.  There is little difference in volume between the two different pumps and the original water pumps were the cam and rod pumps as well as the bilge pumps.  I do have a "We're going down!" high capacity pump that has not been installed, mostly due to my reluctance to make another hole in the hull.  Rather to go down gracefully than stay afloat with extra holes.

Tim

Ha, yes sir I have the look out belows as well, The cams and rods are still there. I have not removed the pumps yet, I suspect there are  diaphragm pumps much like fuel pumps. I also suspect I will need those little fellers replaced.

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

I have sourced motors for the original pump from Grainger. but it seems the prices must reflect Chinese importation tariffs.  You could almost buy a water pressure pump and either salvage the motor or use it as the bilge pump. I use a water supply pump for my fwd bilge pump with an in-line strainer between it and the pump.  There is little difference in volume between the two different pumps and the original water pumps were the cam and rod pumps as well as the bilge pumps.  I do have a "We're going down!" high capacity pump that has not been installed, mostly due to my reluctance to make another hole in the hull.  Rather to go down gracefully than stay afloat with extra holes.

Tim

I  just abandoned one of the cam pumps, the bearing died a tragic and gritty death showering the top of the pump with brass or bronze filings, if you want the motor it may still be aboard or not.

Sounds worth the price of shipping to me to see whats inside! The problem with the new on is it has to be primed ever time now. I do have some water in the bilge. I still cannot find the nature of said water. Anyway, I have to prime it each time so I thought that I would try one of the originals since there must have been some degree of engineering in deciding that should be the pump and configuration of choice back in 70.

Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

I  just abandoned one of the cam pumps, the bearing died a tragic and gritty death showering the top of the pump with brass or bronze filings, if you want the motor it may still be aboard or not.

A positive pump shouldn't need to be primed unless the diaphragm is either compromised or has a valve with a bit of gunk under one of the inlet/outlet seals.

agreed, leave the pump in place and just take out the top 4 screws to lift off the top. Pop out the 2 diaphragms
and I bet you find a little something holding the rubber from sealing properly.
Timothy "Tim" Miller said:

A positive pump shouldn't need to be primed unless the diaphragm is either compromised or has a valve with a bit of gunk under one of the inlet/outlet seals.

Sounds good, I will try that when I get there this weekend. Thank you both!

https://www.marinepartssource.com/ likely can source the parts you need.  Get the part number off the pump before you call as Jabsco offered several different models.

Thank you sir

Greg Rentfro said:

https://www.marinepartssource.com/ likely can source the parts you need.  Get the part number off the pump before you call as Jabsco offered several different models.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Club News

Save The Date!!

Chris-Craft Commander Club National Rendezvous

When:  July 24-26, 2020

Where:  Algonac, Michigan

Click Here for the most current details

Registration Open Date: TBD

_________________________

SuperDisc 15.0 and Resource Collection 5.0 Available Now!

SuperDisc 15.0 is an electronic encyclopedia of every aspect of Commander maintenance and repairs. The information on the disk is retrieved from the discussion forum and e-mail list, but organized in a way that makes information easy to find and use. SuperDisc is available on USB flash drive

Click here for more details https://commanderclub.com/page/superdisk

The SuperDisc 15.0 Complete Edition is for first time buyers of SuperDiscs.

The SuperDisc 15.0 Upgrade Edition is intended for those who wish to upgrade their SuperDisc 1.0 through 14.0. Each year we add over 1,000 posts. Don’t miss out.

Resource Collection 5.0 is great to own too!!!

The Resource Collection 5.0 contents include CC Catalogs and Brochures. CC Service Bulletins, CC Price Lists. Engine & Transmission Manuals. Dick Avery sketches and drawings, a folder for every Commander model, and all kinds of technical and interesting stuff. Over 193 folders and 2,697 Files. A true “Treasure Trove” for the Commander owner!

We thank you for supporting the club with your purchase of SuperDisc15.0 and/or Resource Collection 5.0. We hope you find it to be the value we feel it is, and trust you will enjoy the other benefits your payment will help provide. It’s your payment that helps to support the activities of this dues free organization that has grown from 12 members in 1999 to well over 4400 members in 2020.

To order now click here!

________________________

Fall Edition of Styled In Fiberglass Available here!

The Fall 2019 Edition of the Chris-Craft Commander Club's newsletter, Styled In Fiberglass, is now available for your reading pleasure.  Click here to download this and past issues.

_________________________

2019 Annual Photo Contest Winners

Sixty-Eight photos were submitted for this year's contest.  They were absolutely amazing, making selecting a top 3 an extremely difficult task for your Executive Committee

Thank you to all that submitted a photo to the contest and even if your photo was not in the top 3, it could appear on a cover of Styled In Fiberglass, the club's newsletter due out in November, or the 2020 Wall Calendars, which are now available.

2019 Photo Contest Winners

Past Photo Contest Winners

2019 Photo Contest Entries

_________________________

     

© 2020   Created by CCCC Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service